Official NFL Players Released Thread | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NFL Players Released Thread

Erik Ezukanma ?
It'd be nice, but I think he's more of a utility receiver... I'm seeing a complementary guy without the big dog mentality.

Yes, I would LOVE to be wrong, but the pre-draft stuff all said he'd run a limited route tree, and then he got here and Welker made comments like... he won't play until he learns all of the routes and runs them to the right depth.

Right now, I'm not convinced. Hopeful, but not convinced. He does have the wingspan.

Nope. It has to be CJ Stroud not Young.
Stroud"s combine and interviews impressed the GMs. Dont think you trade up for a 5"10 guy.

Vegas has Stroud as -240 to be the #1 pick.
I would also think Stroud. I also wouldn't be shocked if Richardson was picked first. The Josh Allen comparisons may not be far off.

While a far lesser known name than McGlinchey, I think he's far better. They are both projected to get similar contracts, but I see McGary as having a better chance of being worth that $15mil per.
I would definitely take McGary over McGlinchey.
Richardson is terrible. Even homer Gator fans will say this. He has 13 total starts. His accuracy is awful. He has no idea how to play QB mentally. To think he is going to be a good NFL QB is nonsense.
Weren't those the same knocks on Josh Allen, though? I realize Allen is an aberration, but that's also the comp for Richardson.

I have no idea if Richardson will put it all together or not. But maybe with a coach like Frank Reich?

I would definitely take McGary over McGlinchey.
Weren't those the same knocks on Josh Allen, though? I realize Allen is an aberration, but that's also the comp for Richardson.

I have no idea if Richardson will put it all together or not. But maybe with a coach like Frank Reich?
Or he ends up like Drew Lock/Paxton Lynch/ Zach Wilson. With a good coach hopefully he can be a more successful Cam Newton, which is what Josh Allen currently... maybe not for a whole lot longer though

I can't imagine a back end of the secondary with Holland and Smith!
Wow. And if Miami adds a corner early in the draft, that secondary could be scary good. Lots of ifs, but it's that time of the year.

Also, when you look at the quarterbacks in the AFC you really need to have a strong secondary to have a fighting chance.

I know fans want Derrick Henry, but I'd prioritize a Harrison Smith. Not sure what the salary would be, but guessing $15mil range.

Wow. And if Miami adds a corner early in the draft, that secondary could be scary good. Lots of ifs, but it's that time of the year.

Also, when you look at the quarterbacks in the AFC you really need to have a strong secondary to have a fighting chance.

I know fans want Derrick Henry, but I'd prioritize a Harrison Smith. Not sure what the salary would be, but guessing $15mil range.
Not related to this thread but we probably aren't drafting a CB...

Or he ends up like Drew Lock/Paxton Lynch/ Zach Wilson. With a good coach hopefully he can be a more successful Cam Newton, which is what Josh Allen currently... maybe not for a whole lot longer though
Josh Allen's success probably makes it harder for GM's. Everyone wants to see Richardson reach that level, but the odds are more likely against it.

Back
Top Bottom