Official Red Sox '05 thread | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Red Sox '05 thread

Trust me when I say that junc, who threw in the towel to the Red Sox less then a month ago, does not speak for Yankee fans!

Well here we go Sox fans... these next couple of weeks are going to be REAL interesting with all the roster changes.

Embree was designated for assignment today, one less pathetic arm in our pen. I wonder who Theo is looking to bring in?

I'm all for any move that doesn't involve Pedroia, Ramirez, Moss, Paplebon, Lester or Sanchez.

According to papers in Minnesota the Sox and Twins are talking about a deal that would send Mueller to the Twins for lefty RP J.C. Romero.

Ray Finkle said:
According to papers in Minnesota the Sox and Twins are talking about a deal that would send Mueller to the Twins for lefty RP J.C. Romero.

As much as I love Mueller, I would have to do that trade. Youkilis could step in at 3rd, and Romero is a fantastic setup man. Mueller's deal is up at the end of the season, and his knees are a disaster. He's a great player, and probably my favorite, but I think Theo has to make this move if it is indeed true.

FaninPatsyLand said:
As much as I love Mueller, I would have to do that trade. Youkilis could step in at 3rd, and Romero is a fantastic setup man. Mueller's deal is up at the end of the season, and his knees are a disaster. He's a great player, and probably my favorite, but I think Theo has to make this move if it is indeed true.

Agreed. I like Billy Mueller, but I've wanted Youk to get more time for awhile now. I wish he had some more chances at 1st too.

3-1 in the 5th...

I'm not sure where I heard it (maybe it was this thread and I blanked), but I heard there might be a deal involving the sox and Ryan Klesko?

Hostile7 said:
Agreed. I like Billy Mueller, but I've wanted Youk to get more time for awhile now. I wish he had some more chances at 1st too.

3-1 in the 5th...

I'm not sure where I heard it (maybe it was this thread and I blanked), but I heard there might be a deal involving the sox and Ryan Klesko?

I would trade for Romero is heartbeat. With Youk. looking good enough, we need that arm in the pen bad. He would be a great addition.. Klesko can hit, but he is pretty shady at 1st.

Hostile7 said:

3-1 in the 5th...

I mentioned that Kelsko rumor. It's just a rumor. I read it in some newspaper yesterday, I forgot which one. It was Millar, Wells, and someone else for Kelsko, and 2 SD pitchers who I forget. It was just a rumor. I don't think Boston can trade Wells their best pitcher to be honest.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
That rumor sounds like a New York Post rumor. That trade will never go down!

it wasn't the post.

baltimore sun I think

Yeah there's no way the Sox trade Wells (who is as big of a big game pitcher as Curt Schilling... maybe more so). I know that the Padres wanted Bill Mueller 3 weeks ago but the Sox rejected a possible trade. I believe it was going to be one of the San Diego RPers going to the Sox in the deal.

Curt got his first save... Needed the win to stop some of the bleeding. A 15/15 streak would be good.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Generalize much?? :sleep:

If that's the case, then NY definitely has one as well. Just watch the sports shows. You get Yankee, Met and Red Sox highlights.

ALL of you Yankee fans need to get off your high horse, it's pathetic.

We don't focus on the Sox unless it is late in the year and we are close.

So I guess you speak for ALL Yankee fans then??

Pretty much, I think it was a createed rivlalry b/c it was NY & Bos. Check the history, there are about 3-4 big moments of the rivalry. I have always had the Yanks-Sox shoved down my throat by the media but it was never that big of deal until the past few years(before that the 70s and before that Babe Ruth).

He's not talking about ONE person having a second city mentality, he's saying the entire city of Boston on average does. Which if true, means that NY has one as well.

I don't know what it is like now that the Pats & Sox have won but I was at Fenway in '98 and they were a beaten crowd and in '00 at a Jets-Pats game the crowd did not care about that game for 1 second. They were busy chanting "NY sucks, Jets suck, Yanks suck, Mets suck,...". Not for a second were they worried about the game and at your parade Sideshow manny held up the sign about Jeter, I don't recall Jeter ever worried about what any Red Sox players were doing during his four parades and at your fans started chanting abou the Yanks which we never did here.

Trust me when I say that junc, who threw in the towel to the Red Sox less then a month ago, does not speak for Yankee fans!

you are such a 12 year old little whiner. I'm REALISTIC unlike you who is a complete homer. I'm not the one who crowed when the yanks were up 3-0 then ran and hid after the yanks lost. I have been following this team alot longer than you and I went through the bad times of the '80s while you may have only had a bad year or 2. let's see how gung ho you are when the Yanks are bad again somday. I'm sure you will run and hide like you did after the ALCS.

Yeah there's no way the Sox trade Wells (who is as big of a big game pitcher as Curt Schilling... maybe more so).

He is not at this stage of his career a big game pitcher. Let's flash back to '03 when he cost us the WS by pussing out after an inning while ketchup sock was in immense pain and pitched through it.

Bottom line.....Pats won their first Super Bowl. They had a parade, all of the fans started chanting YANKEES SUCK! when the Pats players were talking. "Second City Mentality". End of debate.

What do you call Wells' two games against the Yankees then? The guy is still a big game pitcher, just because he lost, pussssed out or whatever he still is a big game pitcher. I don't know how you can say he's not, when the pressure is on Wells is one of the guys you go too and you should know especially considering all he's done for the Yankees.

Yes blame Wells because you didn't win the 2003 World Series, that statement is just as dumb as everyone blaming Bill Buckner for losing the 1986 World Series.

Ray Finkle said:
What do you call Wells' two games against the Yankees then? The guy is still a big game pitcher, just because he lost, pussssed out or whatever he still is a big game pitcher. I don't know how you can say he's not, when the pressure is on Wells is one of the guys you go too and you should know especially considering all he's done for the Yankees.

Yes blame Wells because you didn't win the 2003 World Series, that statement is just as dumb as everyone blaming Bill Buckner for losing the 1986 World Series.

Games in June and July aren't "big games"

Back
Top Bottom