*OFFICIAL* Rose Bowl Thread | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*OFFICIAL* Rose Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex22 said:
Except the fact that he had 1 foot down which equals possesion and when he hit the ground he lost it

He HAD possesion

To concur--Section 2, Article 7c of the NCAA rules states that "To catch, intercept, or recover a ball, a player who leaves his feet to make a catch, interception, or recovery must have the ball in his possession when he first returns to the ground inbounds with any part of his body or is so held that the dead ball provisions of Rule 4-1-3-p apply".

Section 2, Article 7c2 modifies that "Loss of the ball simultaneous to returning to the ground is not a catch, interception, or recovery".

by those rules, it is an interception, since he lost it AFTER and not simultaneously to returning to the ground.

nolefin said:
no matter who wins this game, matt leinart will be completely exposed in the nfl next year, he is good and will be a average pro but he is way overhyped.

Still want him in the NFC just in case.....

nolefin said:
no matter who wins this game, matt leinart will be completely exposed in the nfl next year, he is good and will be a average pro but he is way overhyped.

:yes: He hasnt impressed me at all tonight. Young is much better.

kastofsna120 said:
which explains why he made it as pennington is great at throwing the deep pass

:lol: :lol: I'm sorry, but that one was TOO funny! You're talking about the SAME Pennington, right? He's a noodle arm! He can't even throw a pass for more than 45 yards! I don't know where you get off on calling him great at the deep pass.

RobFins2005 said:
To concur--Section 2, Article 7c of the NCAA rules states that "To catch, intercept, or recover a ball, a player who leaves his feet to make a catch, interception, or recovery must have the ball in his possession when he first returns to the ground inbounds with any part of his body or is so held that the dead ball provisions of Rule 4-1-3-p apply".

Section 2, Article 7c2 modifies that "Loss of the ball simultaneous to returning to the ground is not a catch, interception, or recovery".

by those rules, it is an interception, since he lost it AFTER and not simultaneously to returning to the ground.

Thanks, that helps a lot

kastofsna120 said:
clear.gif
we will see if they can do the same against the best team they have faced all year in Texas.

this is unrelated to the game but I really like what I see from Huff in this game and if Young and Cutler are gone when Miami picks than I want Huff. He made an outstanding play on a pass which was somehow caught by Jarrett.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
I know you like Chad....but he has a reputation as a weak armed QB.....sheezh you defend them all dont you.
He loves to get under peoples skin with his witty comments. Hes one of those people youd just love to have the opportunity to punch square in his face. :)

RobFins2005 said:

I still would have like to had it reviewed....I thought it was simultaneous with him hitting the ground...he started to loose control at impact...but would need to see it again.

wow, they really weren't together for a moment there. it sounds like some of the band members can't hear each other and some are ahead of others.

CalDolFan10x14 said:
:lol: :lol: I'm sorry, but that one was TOO funny! You're talking about the SAME Pennington, right? He's a noodle arm! He can't even throw a pass for more than 45-50 yards! I don't know where you get off on calling him great at the deep pass.
um, look at the stats. as i said before, pennington lead the NFL in completion percentage of passes over 15 yards. or maybe it was over 20 yards. one of the two. he throws the ball very well downfield

Dolphins_SR66 said:
I still would have like to had it reviewed....I thought it was simultaneous with him hitting the ground...he started to loose control at impact...but would need to see it again.

not "hitting" the ground, returning to the ground, which implies a foot touching the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom