Official Spurs vs. Jazz Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Spurs vs. Jazz Thread

Game 2 tonight.

:hmmm:
Is it just me, or does Dallas losing in the 1st round kinda take the excitement out of the Conference Finals. No offense to the Jazz, but I'm just not as excited about this round. Last round the Suns were a scary team, so every game had me on the edge of my seat ... I just don't feel that for the Jazz. Although I'm getting a little sick of the constant "Jazz can't win in San Antonio" stuff (don't get me wrong, I like the streak - just not the constant mention of it) ... but, I guess that they have to have something to talk about.

Here's to reaching the NBA Finals once again ... :drinkers:

GO SPURS GO!
Spurs in 5.

The experience of the Spurs has taken this series over......The Jazz are a good young team,but the Spurs have been there.It appears that this one just might be over too.

I don't feel scared of the Jazz but that can change quick if we lose both games in Utah.

Notice how this thread is so much more tame then our previous one with Phoenix. It's like night and day

I don't feel scared of the Jazz but that can change quick if we lose both games in Utah.

Notice how this thread is so much more tame then our previous one with Phoenix. It's like night and day

I think San Antonio is 0-8 all time in the playoffs in Utah. Utah is undefeated at home this year in the playoffs.

They need to make a statement Game 3.

It's because most have lost interest in the playoffs. The NBA chose poorly in which teams it would support :wink: . At this point, who really gives a damn?

With Stockton and Malone retired, it's hard for anyone to get riled up against the Jazz anymore. Unless you're a Cavs fan and are understandably bitter about Carlos Boozer stabbing a blind guy in the back.

(And I reiterate this every time I talk about the Cavs, but seriously, what was Jim Paxson's second best move after picking LeBron in the 2003 draft...which wasn't exactly a tough decision? If the ping-pong balls bounce another way, he's running a rec league at the Willoughby Hills YMCA. The Boozer fiasco was just another great example of blindingly stupid management.)

Back in the day, when Stockton was a master of cheap shots and fouls that would go uncalled, and Malone had a well-earned rep for choking in big games, it was easier to get on the Jazz. Even as a die-hard Pistons fan, Scottie Pippen's famous "the Mailman doesn't deliver on Sunday" line still brings a smile to my face. (Sadly, he'd get T'ed up for doing that now.) Now, they're just there. Just another very good team without a real identity, doomed to get bulldozed by the Spurs in 5 or 6 games.

With Stockton and Malone retired, it's hard for anyone to get riled up against the Jazz anymore. Unless you're a Cavs fan and are understandably bitter about Carlos Boozer stabbing a blind guy in the back.

(And I reiterate this every time I talk about the Cavs, but seriously, what was Jim Paxson's second best move after picking LeBron in the 2003 draft...which wasn't exactly a tough decision? If the ping-pong balls bounce another way, he's running a rec league at the Willoughby Hills YMCA. The Boozer fiasco was just another great example of blindingly stupid management.)

Back in the day, when Stockton was a master of cheap shots and fouls that would go uncalled, and Malone had a well-earned rep for choking in big games, it was easier to get on the Jazz. Even as a die-hard Pistons fan, Scottie Pippen's famous "the Mailman doesn't deliver on Sunday" line still brings a smile to my face. (Sadly, he'd get T'ed up for doing that now.) Now, they're just there. Just another very good team without a real identity, doomed to get bulldozed by the Spurs in 5 or 6 games.

I remember when I used to HATE the Jazz.Stockton and Malone had to be the Spurs WORST enemies.They use to beat them though,and if fans wanted to see really rough basketball (dirty)by todays standards,all they had to do was watch the Jazz or Bad Boys (Pistons) back then.Now the Jazz are a young team,still very tough,but they just arent the same as back in the day.In a couple years the Jazz may take the Spurs place as THE team to beat.

And by no means is this series over yet.Still a long way to go.HC may be all the Jazz need.

...ahem...

Now, back on topic. I really don't see the Jazz having much of a shot to win the series. Game 3 will decide just how long the series will take. Homecourt may be the spark they need to try and make the series competitive. I think that they'll probably win one at home.

GO SPURS GO!
Spurs in 5.

HUGE win for the Jazz. Series at 2-1 now. A 26 point victory, 109-83.

The Jazz got to be feeling pretty good about themselves right now, I hope this momentum carries into Game 4.

Deron Williams dominated this game, he is so fun to watch. I know he is not a selfish player but sometimes he just has to take the ball into his own hands and score.

It's not over! Go Jazz!

I never thought the series would go 4 anyway. If the home team wins every game then we're going 7. Good game guys :)

Back
Top Bottom