Official Superbowl XLII Thread | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Superbowl XLII Thread

Super Bowl officiating SUCKED!

Actually, no it didn't. But every year we always get this thread, and finally we had some consistency from our Super Bowl referees.

I got to say, the NFL finally put together a great officiating crew and I hope this same crew goes on to the next Super Bowl. There were a bunch of very close calls, one that you really need a good eye on, like the David Tyree catch, but boy were they accurate and consistent all game.

The past Super Bowl's such as the Steeler's vs Seahawks, you can tell there was something up with the officiating crew, but this year's Super Bowl crew was really good.

It's never good when an officiating crew impacts the most important game of the season. Props to the NFL, they put together a nice staff.

Did anybody else love seeing Brady repeatedly drilled into the ground? I know i did. :D

The result and the entertainment value of Super Bowl 42 was greater than anyone could have imagined. Kudos to the Giants coaching staff for coming up with a game plan to completely mystify the vaunted Patriots. It probably took less than the two possessions for the Patriots to realize they could not "mail it in" against the Giants. As a little brother, I'm so proud of Eli for equaling his brother's fete. My only question was, "Why was the roof at University of Phoenix Stadium shut on such a balmy (61 degrees) afternoon? Those Arizona folks are such a bunch of wusses?

The result and the entertainment value of Super Bowl 42 was greater than anyone could have imagined. Kudos to the Giants coaching staff for coming up with a game plan to completely mystify the vaunted Patriots. It probably took less than the two possessions for the Patriots to realize they could not "mail it in" against the Giants. As a little brother, I'm so proud of Eli for equaling his brother's fete. My only question was, "Why was the roof at University of Phoenix Stadium shut on such a balmy (61 degrees) afternoon? Those Arizona folks are such a bunch of wusses?
They didn't want the carnival outside to cause a distraction. :lol:

Actually, no it didn't. But every year we always get this thread, and finally we had some consistency from our Super Bowl referees.

I got to say, the NFL finally put together a great officiating crew and I hope this same crew goes on to the next Super Bowl. There were a bunch of very close calls, one that you really need a good eye on, like the David Tyree catch, but boy were they accurate and consistent all game.

The past Super Bowl's such as the Steeler's vs Seahawks, you can tell there was something up with the officiating crew, but this year's Super Bowl crew was really good.

It's never good when an officiating crew impacts the most important game of the season. Props to the NFL, they put together a nice staff.

:err: Do you really think so? WTF was with that review of the non-call on NYG that gave NE a first down? Since when can any team do that? Remember in 2002 with that BS PI call on Jamar Fletcher that cost us the game(and division)? We weren't allowed to challenge it, and neither has any other team in the history of the game until last night.

Patriots loss

Does the loss by the greatest team ever :sidelol: shed new light on what the dolphins did in 72? Or will there be some other excuse to discredit the undefeated season?

I think the loss by the Patriots definately adds to the impressivness of the feat that the 72 Phins accomplished. Towards the end of the season, as was the case in 72 I am sure, teams wanted to be the ones to end the win streak. You get their best shot. Thankfully the Giants best shot put them to bed! Yeah this makes the 72 Phins "that much better" IMO

I completely agree. If this patriots team couldn't do it, it adds credibility to the argument that it may not ever happen again.

I think the loss solidifies that the Fins have the only Perfect Season. I think the only discredit should be at the hands of the Pats for the whole spying scandal

Does the loss by the greatest team ever :sidelol: shed new light on what the dolphins did in 72? Or will there be some other excuse to discredit the undefeated season?
Well, lets see. The nay-sayers are down to attacking members of the '72 team personally now. Usually, that means your outta ammo.

Back
Top Bottom