*OFFICIAL* Wanny Meeting Huizenga Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*OFFICIAL* Wanny Meeting Huizenga Thread

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Reaction score
Huizenga's "meeting" with Wanny?

Does anyone know what time this "meeting" is taking place today? Mods, could you make this the official Huizenga/Wanny meeting discussion thread as well?

np. Since it's the *OFFICIAL* thread, I'll start with....

"Hey, did you hear that H. Wayne Huizenga Sr. is meeting with Coach Dave Wannstedt today??"

"Oh, that doesn't sound peachy. I wonder what's going to happen??"

;)

I figure it will be around noon today "lunchtime". Just sounds right to me. Something tells me Dave won't be hungry.

I heard... one of the more important topics today will be the attempted suicide by Olindo Mare after the Patriots loss..

Rumor has it that Mare tried to kill himself by hanging... except when he tried to kick the chair out from under him.. he slipped on the dirt and missed...

hahaha lol

Thanks Jeep we all can use some humour...

Wonder if Wayne will use some humour with DW today?

GOOO FIINNZ

Wayne: "Dave, what's worng with this team, why have we lost 3 of the last 4 games?"

Dave: "Well thats a tough question to answer. If you look at it from a physical standpoint and not a talent standpoint... then you might say we have a small problem to solve from a different standpoint, nonetheless we have to keep things in a perspective standpoint. Don't ask me why, but I have faith in these guys, you know them, the guys in the locker room. You call them your employees, I call them my players, the fans call them their hereos, to keep things in a simple standpoint, lets just call them the leaderless guys in the locker room. So the real question is not what's the problem, the question is - why ask questions? Thats the mentality I like to have when I coach and thats how I live my life, I believe it works, you should believe it, and the fans should believe it. We all just need to have that common denominator positively negatively balanced commitment to win games when we know we can't, then we should be ok."

Wayne: "Are we in trouble for our next game against the Ravens?"

Dave: "I thought I just answered that question. As long as we have that commitment to get up when Ray Lewis knocks us around the field like a bunch of rag dolls, then our goals are still attainable. Some might think we'll get up with a limp, some might say with tears, but I have faith our leaderless guys will get up just fine.

Wayne: "Well Dave, let me be honest with you, if this team doesn't tun things around soon, your job will be on the line. Do you understand me?"

Dave: "Of course boss. Quite frankly, I've been coaching my whole life with not knowing if I'll coach the same team the following week. My days in Chicago have prepared me for this situation since day 1 with the Bears. Its the only thing I know, and you'll notice it with the decisions I make on the field. I'll call the same plays with the same guys, but this time... I have faith in our guys that we'll turn this sinking boat around."

Wayne: "Well it was good talking to you, I'm glad we cleared some things up son... oops! I mean Dave. I hope no one heard that?"

Dave: "(whispering) Don't worry Dad, noboby is around right now. (loudly) Thank you Mr. Huizenga for this talk, you have a great day."

That was TOO funny 02. All that is missing is Dave breaking in to his personal rendition of the theme song to "Annie". "The sun will come up tomorrow" lol

Originally posted by Dolfan02
Wayne: "Dave, what's worng with this team, why have we lost 3 of the last 4 games?"

Dave: "Well thats a tough question to answer. If you look at it from a physical standpoint and not a talent standpoint... then you might say we have a small problem to solve from a different standpoint, nonetheless we have to keep things in a perspective standpoint. Don't ask me why, but I have faith in these guys, you know them, the guys in the locker room. You call them your employees, I call them my players, the fans call them their hereos, to keep things in a simple standpoint, lets just call them the leaderless guys in the locker room. So the real question is not what's the problem, the question is - why ask questions? Thats the mentality I like to have when I coach and thats how I live my life, I believe it works, you should believe it, and the fans should believe it. We all just need to have that common denominator positively negatively balanced commitment to win games when we know we can't, then we should be ok."

Wayne: "Are we in trouble for our next game against the Ravens?"

Dave: "I thought I just answered that question. As long as we have that commitment to get up when Ray Lewis knocks us around the field like a bunch of rag dolls, then our goals are still attainable. Some might think we'll get up with a limp, some might say with tears, but I have faith our leaderless guys will get up just fine.

Wayne: "Well Dave, let me be honest with you, if this team doesn't tun things around soon, your job will be on the line. Do you understand me?"

Dave: "Of course boss. Quite frankly, I've been coaching my whole life with not knowing if I'll coach the same team the following week. My days in Chicago have prepared me for this situation since day 1 with the Bears. Its the only thing I know, and you'll notice it with the decisions I make on the field. I'll call the same plays with the same guys, but this time... I have faith in our guys that we'll turn this sinking boat around."

Wayne: "Well it was good talking to you, I'm glad we cleared some things up son... oops! I mean Dave. I hope no one heard that?"

Dave: "(whispering) Don't worry Dad, noboby is around right now. (loudly) Thank you Mr. Huizenga for this talk, you have a great day."

An update:

Dave: "Hey My. Huizenga, can we can continue our talk briefly for a second?"

Wayne: "Sure Dave, what's up?"

Dave: "I'm just wondering, if I take this team to at least a 1st round playoff from a miracle standpoint, do you think you can consider keeping me around another year? My faith will continue next year, so we should be ok."

Wayne: "Dave, if you get that done, I will not only give you another year, I'll give you a 3-year extension!! Consider it done!"

Herald article about the meeting.

''I'm not going to get into it in the papers,'' he said.

''I'm sure Wayne is disappointed,'' Wannstedt said. ``I think he's confident that we can get this thing turned around and going in the right direction.''

Back
Top Bottom