Offseason... (Draft - First Round) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason... (Draft - First Round)

Boomer there is no way in my mind that David Greene is a better QB than Rivers. David Greene may have been on a better team but that was it.

That's your opinion Noland and that's what makes the draft so fascinating.

Boomer

Which CB would you draft...in the 1st? (D. Hall)
D. Hall or C. Gamble

Which WR would you draft...in the 1st? (R. Woods)
R. Woods or Mi. Clayton

Which QB would you draft...in the 1st? (E. Manning)
E. Manning or B. Roethlisberger

It would be nice to read your insight on the WR in this years draft. Just a short summary on the best for the Phins Offense.

I see R. Woods as being an excellent pick for the Phins with the #20 pick. Miami has only one WR. That being said the next option is a TE. Granted Randy has GAME. It would be nice to see the Phins land one of the Top 5 WR this year. If Larry enters the draft it only gets deeeepppeeerrr..........lol

QB situation

Are the dolphins really looking for a QB in FA and draft a QB so the veteran can groom him? Are the dolphins really trying to draft a qb this year or is this what we want to happen because I thought for years that they were going to draft a QB but they never did? It would make since if they did but who knows they have dissapointed me before.

As a UGA fan and Atlanta resident, here's one man's take on David Greene:

He has good mechanics, isn't prone to being bone-headed or making a costly error. That said, he rarely does anything fabulous either. he's had good receivers and TEs which helps, but as a pure QB he hasn't overwhelmed me.

He wins and he seems to be a good leader (I'm not in the huddle or locker room, but so far as I can tell he is) and he throws a nice pass, but after watching a year of ACC/SEC football, I'd certainly pit him below Philip Rivers. Better than a Matt Mauck, a little below a Schaub.

No disrespect to UGA or David Greene good team I like them better than G tech an David Greene is a good leader and a good player he reminds me of Fiedler decent leader but medeocer. I believe he could better than Fiedler

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
Boomer

Which CB would you draft...in the 1st? (D. Hall)
D. Hall or C. Gamble

Which WR would you draft...in the 1st? (R. Woods)
R. Woods or Mi. Clayton

Which QB would you draft...in the 1st? (E. Manning)
E. Manning or B. Roethlisberger

It would be nice to read your insight on the WR in this years draft. Just a short summary on the best for the Phins Offense.

I see R. Woods as being an excellent pick for the Phins with the #20 pick. Miami has only one WR. That being said the next option is a TE. Granted Randy has GAME. It would be nice to see the Phins land one of the Top 5 WR this year. If Larry enters the draft it only gets deeeepppeeerrr..........lol

This is tough M. But I assume you want me to do it in terms of what's best for Miami?!

DeAngelo has the blazing speed and the return skills but isn't refined as a cover man. Neither is Gamble but Chris's upside is bigger than Hall's and is better suited to our system.

Woods or Clayton? Woods suits us way better as he is much more refined, runs clean routes, crisp hands, has the experience to come inand contribute early. Not a blazer by any stretch - will probably run a 4.55, and has some seperation question marks - but he uses his body well and has performed against some of the best corners in the land for 4 years. Clayton has the bigger upside but will take a lot longer to come to the fore. Considering our window and the roster predicament, I say Woods helps us win quicker.

Manning and Ben. I personally....personally...would take Roethlisberger, but that's just my own opinion. they are 1 and 1a in my book and I'd be thrilled with either, though it ain't happening.

I'll do a little write up 4 u

I think Clayton has much bigger upside than Tony Martin

Thanks Boomer....I enjoy reading your post.

I can not wait to read your predraft picks and gems.

Rashaun Woods is not an O.J. McDuffie. He is more like a Darell Jackson with always good hands.

Back
Top Bottom