Offseason Moves...FA and Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason Moves...FA and Draft

duss12 said:
I can do that and I am 5'11

Was it a glass backboard that you ripped the rim off and were holding it in your hand? lol I doubt it...

You just added four new players to the o-line. What happened in 04 when we added so many new players? It screws up the chemistry. 3 new players is probably too many to add all at once.
Either Bentley or Hutchinson, not both.
Also, I think they're grooming Alabi for LT, so no need for McNeil.
They won't cut Carter. Why? They signed him for the long term.
Also, if we cut Booker, who's the #2 receiver?

My cap numbers are off but we still have the money to get the players plus a solid receiver and a solid LB and WR

I am 5'11'' and your point is???...do the math guys...my numbers if anything or only understated which just gives us more money for more FA

Welcome Jon and you are burrying yourself early with your comments on the off-season! Your leaving to much questions on the depth of the team with your offseason moves.

wazzy said:
Welcome Jon and you are burrying yourself early with your comments on the off-season! Your leaving to much questions on the depth of the team with your offseason moves.
:yeahthat:

duss12 said:
spare sarcasm for the newb?

I would think what I'm saying is common knowledge. You can't get another good #2 WR for less than 3m :confused:

jon19 said:
FA and Draft...what to do
Who to Release:
Booker (WR- +2.9m),
James (OL- +2m),
Mckinny
(OL-dont resign),
Carter
(DL- +1m),
Seau
(LB- +1.5m),
Madison (CB- +4m),
Howard
(CB- +1.5m),
Jones
(S- + 1m),

Restructure:

MARE
, TAYLOR, ZACH

(+3m = 2.9+2+1+1.5+4+1.5+1+3 = 17m = that gives us three to five big FA signings.)

BIG FA SIGNING:
LeCharles Bentley
(C- -2.25m = Garza form Chicago just signed a 6 year $14m = both same caliber C),
Toniu Fonoti
(G- -1.75m Former onlineman with Hudson Hauck),
Steve Hutchinson
(G - -3.5m A Pro-Bowler),
Nate Clements
(CB- -4m good tackler just what saban loves),
Chris Hope (S- -2m)

(-2.25-1.75-3.5-4-2 = -13.5m + 17m = 3.5m left over)

Draft:
1st Rounder: Marcus McNeil (LT- Auburn he is 6'9 330)
2nd Rounder: Anotnio Cromartie (CB- FSU..the best CB in the nation but was injured...if not available...) Carpenter (LB- Ohio State), Devin Hester (CB- more of an athlete...we have the coaches to teach him technique), Ahmad Brooks (LB- Vriginia), Best Available
3rd Rounder:Brodie Croyle (QB- Alabama), A.J. Nicholson (LB- FSU..will drop bc charged with rape), Best Available
4th Rounder:Best Available
2 7th Rounders: Best Available
Clements,Huchinson,Bentley and Fonuti?.... :sidelol:
Lets me guess, you went to fantasyland this past weekend?... :shakeno: At best, we could get 2 of those 5 and even that might not happen.Also, don't count on us bringing in 3 o-linemen in free agency and the draft combine.I wouldn't mind McNeil and Carpenter tho.Croyle maybe.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Jaj said:
Get your cap numbers correct, find me a #2 WR, and then come back and post this.

chill bro... what is with the belittling attitude? It is his like first post on here. Not saying that your post is incorrect... but you dont have to go about it like that...

by the way... Welcome Jon19 :wave:

Well if your gunna cut people for cap reasons how about Tebucky Jones and Gus Ferrote even tho I think he will sign a New deal. There is someone else too. I think its Vonnie Holiday. Jones number is like 6 mil

Skeet84 said:
Well if your gunna cut people for cap reasons how about Tebucky Jones and Gus Ferrote even tho I think he will sign a New deal. There is someone else too. I think its Vonnie Holiday. Jones number is like 6 mil

I think he had T-Jones in there...

jon19 said:
FA and Draft...what to do
Who to Release:
Booker (WR- +2.9m),
James (OL- +2m),
Mckinny
(OL-dont resign),
Carter
(DL- +1m),
Seau
(LB- +1.5m),
Madison (CB- +4m),
Howard
(CB- +1.5m),
Jones
(S- + 1m),

Restructure:

MARE
, TAYLOR, ZACH

(+3m = 2.9+2+1+1.5+4+1.5+1+3 = 17m = that gives us three to five big FA signings.)

BIG FA SIGNING:
LeCharles Bentley
(C- -2.25m = Garza form Chicago just signed a 6 year $14m = both same caliber C),
Toniu Fonoti
(G- -1.75m Former onlineman with Hudson Hauck),
Steve Hutchinson
(G - -3.5m A Pro-Bowler),
Nate Clements
(CB- -4m good tackler just what saban loves),
Chris Hope (S- -2m)

(-2.25-1.75-3.5-4-2 = -13.5m + 17m = 3.5m left over)

Draft:
1st Rounder: Marcus McNeil (LT- Auburn he is 6'9 330)
2nd Rounder: Anotnio Cromartie (CB- FSU..the best CB in the nation but was injured...if not available...) Carpenter (LB- Ohio State), Devin Hester (CB- more of an athlete...we have the coaches to teach him technique), Ahmad Brooks (LB- Vriginia), Best Available
3rd Rounder:Brodie Croyle (QB- Alabama), A.J. Nicholson (LB- FSU..will drop bc charged with rape), Best Available
4th Rounder:Best Available
2 7th Rounders: Best Available

You are in fantasy land if you think we'll get Bentley (who'll be tagged), Hutchinson (who could get tagged....at the very least he'll get more money then Damien Woody recieved), Foniti (fat and out of shape. If Houck really wanted him we would have traded the bag of footballs it would have taken to get him), Clements (who'll likely get tagged and will sign a contract that pays him a hell of a lot more then 4 million).

This is not fantasy football.

You are cutting:
Marty Booker: (without replacing him). If Wes Welker is our #2 next year we are in BIG trouble.
Jeno James: He was our most consitent lineman last year. He's a little pricey and will probably redo his deal.
Kevin Carter: Still has a LOT left in the tank and is pretty cap friendly for a player of his caliber.

You are blowing up the roster and signing everyone under the sun. Teams are NOT built through free agency. They are built through the draft and subsidized via free agency.

If we went with your plan we'd have nothing at reciever, the most expensive O-line in football, VERY inexperienced corners and our defensive line depth, a strength right now, would be needlessly weakened.

Your mock? Brooks is LONG gone by the time we pick in the 2nd, Hester in the 2nd is the reach of the decade and I'll pass on a rapist TYVM.

dominizzo said:
Wooow we would have an oline like KC

RG- Steve Hutchinson
LG- Rex HAdot
C- LEcharles bEntley
RT- MArcus Mcneill
LT- VErnon CArey

Unfortunatley REALITY says there is no way in hell that would ever happen.

We are'nt getting Hutchinson or Bentley and I think we go defense in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom