OG Damien Woody anyone? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OG Damien Woody anyone?

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Lions | Woody expected to be released
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:11:48 -0800

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions OG Damien Woody is expected to be released.

I remember we were making a serious run at this guy before the Lions signed him away from us. He was injured most, if not all, of last season.

Any chance we make a run at him again? Maybe we can ressurect his career. We are in desperate need of O-Lineman. What do you guys think?

No thanks, he can,t say on the field. he has been hurt a lot.

I'll take him for cheap... but he isnt worth a ton of money...

He was thought to sign with us a few years back, if he comes cheap sure why not.

Never thought we'd be doing Wanny deja vu. Maybe Tait too?

Yay!

Then we would have 37 mediocre guards instead of 36.

eh, Woody is pretty good when healthy. Problem is, he hasn't been healthy since he was with the Pats.

He was thought to sign with us a few years back, if he comes cheap sure why not.

I remember that off season. We were favorites to get either Jon Tait and Damian Woody plus another O-Lineman or 2. We came out and said Woody was our main goal. He met with Detroit, and the Fords' limo drove Woody around the city instead of taking him to the airport to meet with us.

Then we met with Tait, who wanted to sign with us, but his wife had family in Chicago and wanted to live out there.

This caused Spielman to panic and give Jeno James an outrageous contract in terms of his ability, and also give Damien McIntosh a huge deal before he took a physical. He failed the physical, and came back way too early because of the revolving door at LT known as Wade Smith. Luckily for us, McIntosh restructured his deal after that season. Oh yeah, we signed John St. Clair and refused to bench him even after Carey outplayed him in Preseason and the two games St. Clair was hurt.

We also got Reggie Howard,David Boston, Antuan Edwards that offseason.

Woody's luck with the Lions hasn't been good (to be fair to him, only two players signed out of FA have worked out for Detroit; Dry Bly and Mike Furrey)

That said, I only take Woody if he's cheap.

Tait became available I'd be thrilled.

Petitgout's my first free agent target with Alabi as his backup.

LT- Petitgout, Alabi
LG-Fonoti, Toledo
C- Handot, Enoka Lucas (5th)
RG- Shelton, Stevenson
RT- Carey

I could see that happening for one. Wouldn't be bad althogh I'd love to have a little more legit LG.

Damien Woody could be that guy if in shape.

Tait became available I'd be thrilled.

Petitgout's my first free agent target with Alabi as his backup.

LT- Petitgout, Alabi
LG-Fonoti, Toledo
C- Handot, Enoka Lucas (5th)
RG- Shelton, Stevenson
RT- Carey

I could see that happening for one. Wouldn't be bad althogh I'd love to have a little more legit LG.

Damien Woody could be that guy if in shape.

I'm iffy on Petitgout. He might be an upgrade over DMac in terms of physical ability, but he gets way more penalties.

He does get penalties but that ridiculous Seattle game was an abberation.

Petitgout is about the 16th or 17th best LT in the league.

McIntosh is around 28th or 29th.

A 10 spot upgrade is a huge deal at left tackle.

do u think there is any possible way we can sign BOTH Kris Dielman and Leonard Davis???

therefore we dont gotta worry about OL in the draft.

we got

LT: Davis
LG: Dielman
C: Hadnot/Mckinney
RG: Shelton/Fonoti
RT: Carey

perhaps we can draft Khalil to battle for Center...move Hadnot back to RG. stellar O-line if u ask me.

therefore with the #9 pick...we can get like Laron Landry

Back
Top Bottom