OG Damien Woody anyone? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OG Damien Woody anyone?

Woody is no upgrade. He's been fined SEVERAL times for being overweight. Can't keep his control in check once he's got a paycheck. I'd stick with Shelton at RG and Fonoti at LG with competition from Toledo (who hopefully will remain healthy). Focus at upgrading at LT and C (Sorry but Hadnot did not play well at C).

your blasting Woody for being overweight, and you want Fonoti(a guy who was turned down by both the Raiders and Bucs because he was close to 400 lbs) to be our starting LG? Double Standards

Lions | Woody expected to be released
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:11:48 -0800

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions OG Damien Woody is expected to be released.

I remember we were making a serious run at this guy before the Lions signed him away from us. He was injured most, if not all, of last season.

Any chance we make a run at him again? Maybe we can ressurect his career. We are in desperate need of O-Lineman. What do you guys think?

How serious can you take a guy who's name translates to "Devil boner?"

Woody is no upgrade. He's been fined SEVERAL times for being overweight. Can't keep his control in check once he's got a paycheck.

You are dead on rcorrect. The rap on him was he was lazy and just looking for the big payday when he was w/the Patriots. They had to ride his *** non-stop to keep in shape and practice hard. Once he became a FA, there was no chance in hell the Pats were going to break the bank for him knowing that once he got payed.....he could care less about anything else.

The Lions took a chance on him and he deliverd just like everyone thought he would, NOTHING!

If Cameron is smart he will stay as far as he can from him unless he's wants another washed up "has been" that's just looking for another big paycheck. The sad thing about it is someone will step up and pay him (there is NO way he will play for the Vet min).....for the fins sake hopefully it won't be them.

eh, Woody is pretty good when healthy. Problem is, he hasn't been healthy since he was with the Pats.

I remember that off season. We were favorites to get either Jon Tait and Damian Woody plus another O-Lineman or 2. We came out and said Woody was our main goal. He met with Detroit, and the Fords' limo drove Woody around the city instead of taking him to the airport to meet with us.

Then we met with Tait, who wanted to sign with us, but his wife had family in Chicago and wanted to live out there.

This caused Spielman to panic and give Jeno James an outrageous contract in terms of his ability, and also give Damien McIntosh a huge deal before he took a physical. He failed the physical, and came back way too early because of the revolving door at LT known as Wade Smith. Luckily for us, McIntosh restructured his deal after that season. Oh yeah, we signed John St. Clair and refused to bench him even after Carey outplayed him in Preseason and the two games St. Clair was hurt.

We also got Reggie Howard,David Boston, Antuan Edwards that offseason.

Woody's luck with the Lions hasn't been good (to be fair to him, only two players signed out of FA have worked out for Detroit; Dry Bly and Mike Furrey)

That said, I only take Woody if he's cheap.

Damn man, hit the nail on the head.

kudos

I dont thik it is possible to sign both dielman and davis but I feel that we shoudl give woody a look if the price is right because he was considered a pro bowl caliber o lineman before bein in detroit. He also can play center so he would allow for hadnot to move back to gaurd or he plays gaurd and hadnot plays center eiter or

your blasting Woody for being overweight, and you want Fonoti(a guy who was turned down by both the Raiders and Bucs because he was close to 400 lbs) to be our starting LG? Double Standards

Fonoti is a veteran minimum and kept in check so far and actually played in this line with the phins (and with Houck prior). Chances are with his rep the team can resign him as a veteran minimum (he's ufa also). Woody would not come at close to that price and has been around far too long to change his habits now. By the way Fonoti was one of the last cuts not because he was overweight (he wasn't by then) but because they cut him over some backup position. Can't recall what it was. Something like a backup TE.

If the team is going to spend money at guard which I doubt they will do (You can't have 2 guards making serious money which means buh-bye Shelton and probably precipitates a move of Hadnot back to Guard and looking for a center) then you gotta make your move hard for Dielman.

Woody is no upgrade. He's been fined SEVERAL times for being overweight. Can't keep his control in check once he's got a paycheck. I'd stick with Shelton at RG and Fonoti at LG with competition from Toledo (who hopefully will remain healthy). Focus at upgrading at LT and C (Sorry but Hadnot did not play well at C).

Offensive lineman Damien Woody and wide receiver Mike Williams, who have had weight issues, need to impress in the off-season conditioning program or they could be gone as well.

Woody has been attending a weight-loss program at Duke University.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070215/SPORTS01/702150367/1049/SPORTS

:ninja: :D

He's expected to be released for a reason. With all of the problems that the Lions have, do you think they could afford to cut members of their OL? Rhetorical question, of course they couldn't, unless the guy was worthless, which Woody is. Let him try to fool someone else, we've seen his game before.

Lions | Woody loses 31 pounds
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:54:25 -0700

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions OL Damien Woody lost 31 pounds during the offseason and will try to bring his weight down to 315 pounds. While Woody dealt with an injured left foot during the 2006 season, he struggled to control his weight and ballooned to 378 pounds. Now, Woody is fully healthy and dedicated to getting his body ready for the 2007 season.

Offer a 6th round pick for Woody.....why not?

Tait became available I'd be thrilled.

Petitgout's my first free agent target with Alabi as his backup.

LT- Petitgout, Alabi
LG-Fonoti, Toledo
C- Handot, Enoka Lucas (5th)
RG- Shelton, Stevenson
RT- Carey

I could see that happening for one. Wouldn't be bad althogh I'd love to have a little more legit LG.

Damien Woody could be that guy if in shape.[/qu

http://www.nfl.com/transactions

Fonoti signed with the Falcons a week ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tait became available I'd be thrilled.

Petitgout's my first free agent target with Alabi as his backup.

LT- Petitgout, Alabi
LG-Fonoti, Toledo
C- Handot, Enoka Lucas (5th)
RG- Shelton, Stevenson
RT- Carey

I could see that happening for one. Wouldn't be bad althogh I'd love to have a little more legit LG.

Damien Woody could be that guy if in shape.[/qu

http://www.nfl.com/transactions

Fonoti signed with the Falcons a week ago.

Yes and that lineup was posted over a month ago........lol

Back
Top Bottom