OG w/3rd team O | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OG w/3rd team O

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
OG tidbit...

from http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasq...en/1573188.html

Even with the additions of veteran Derrius Thompson and draft choice J.R. Tolver, it is difficult to fathom wide receiver Oronde Gadsden not being on the Miami regular-season roster. But folks in Dolphins headquarters tell us that Gadsden, who last week re-signed with the team after a frustrating and ill-conceived foray in unrestricted free agency, will have to battle his way back up the depth chart. A starter until about halfway through the '02 campaign, when he suffered a season-ending wrist injury, Gadsden is expected to work with the third-unit offense when camp begins. It's not a move born of spite, but the Miami coaches want to see Gadsden hungry, as he was earlier in his career.

exactly where he belongs...

Good to see about OG because if he wants to mkae it, he will have to prove himself, shouldn't be too hard with Omare Lowe on him. As for us being 94 million over the cap....I mean ESPN is always wrong. NFL.com is a better soure CAP wise.

he may have to only beat the likes of Lowe, but have a guy like Sheriff or Sage be throwing to him

Well at least it'll give Sage Rosenfels a starter quality target to throw to so the coaches can see how well he hooks up with good talent. Griese's gonna be seeing a lot of action

Originally posted by Prime Time
Good to see about OG because if he wants to mkae it, he will have to prove himself, shouldn't be too hard with Omare Lowe on him. As for us being 94 million over the cap....I mean ESPN is always wrong. NFL.com is a better soure CAP wise.

94 million OVER? Yeah, right :lol: .

If that was the case I'd hate to see how much the Redskins are over ;\.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well at least it'll give Sage Rosenfels a starter quality target to throw to so the coaches can see how well he hooks up with good talent. Griese's gonna be seeing a lot of action

A starter quality? You mean a has been with good hands, should make Sage look good, if Gadsen can get enough separation to get a hand on the ball..btw if lowe regains he early mini camp form, he could benefit by stopping Gadsen in TC.

I just hope Gadsden doesnt take this move the wrong way. He's gotta know he's got talent...or else he wouldn't have done the whole free agent, money hungry thing. If anything, it should be seen as a chance to excel and prove he still has it.

OG has talent, but the question is does he have more than CC ? than McK ? than Thompson ? than Tolver ? etc.

Originally posted by JPhinfan86
I just hope Gadsden doesnt take this move the wrong way. He's gotta know he's got talent...or else he wouldn't have done the whole free agent, money hungry thing. If anything, it should be seen as a chance to excel and prove he still has it.

He shouldn't take it the wrong way, the free agency diaster should tell him something.

USATODAY Sports Weekly put it this way: "Gadsden had hoped for considerably more money when turning down a multiyear extension last October, but a combination of age (32) and lack of speed hurt him."

This shoud also tell the dolphins something..Like it's time to move on..We need a new starter as the #2 who can make more plays, scare the DB's a little with speed and make the Safeties play earnest so they can't sneak up and play 8 man in the box..giving both Ricky and the #1 WR a chance to make plays..with Gadsden on the #2 spot, that safety on his side could play up, not worrying about Gadsden deep speed. A faster #2 gives Norv more options. I wish we would cut OG and play with of the younger receivers.. But that won't happen, so I hope Gadsen plays as a #4, let DT or McKnight depending on who starts as a #2 play the #3...

I do believe that Gadsden will make the team but i dont see him as more talented than CC or Thompson. Tolver is our future great WR and we could possibily do without McKnight but we need his speed now. I dont see Gadsden becoming a starter fulltime but i do see them using him with certain defenses.

Gadsen does not have that much talent. Other then the hands and decent size he has not too much. McKnight has good enough size, blazing speed, and is more talented but that does not mean he has gotten it together.

we have typically lost 1 WR every camp for the year - so having OG is at least good insurance, but I am still hoping he does not make the final cut if we have all WR healthy and Baker and/or Newson and/or Tolver prove they are for real during the PS ag some 1st team DBs

Back
Top Bottom