Ogbah Fully Cleared Medically | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogbah Fully Cleared Medically

Healthy is a general term. Obviously there will be injuries and obviously people will miss games. But if we don't have situations like last year where our secondary was ravaged by injuries and we're running our 2nd and 3rd string QBs out for multiple games, we're gonna have a great season.
That’s basically what I said.

I fully expect Ogbah to have a big year and us to be happy he is here. JMO
What do you think a "big year" would look like?

I certainly think he will be an important, and solid part of the rotation. Getting some consistent pressure from the interior would add another dimension to our pass rush.

Huge talent from a rotational standpoint.
The utility of his versatility shouldn't be underestimated either. With him, you have "on the fly" alignment options in response to opposing offenses.

At his best in 20 and 21 Ogbah gave us 10 sacks, 60 pressures, good vs run and broke up 8-9 passes. Too much without Fangio's input.
I do expect 7=8 sacks, 40 pressures, good vs run and 7 passes defended. This would be Huge for our rotation.

The utility of his versatility shouldn't be underestimated either. With him, you have "on the fly" alignment options in response to opposing offenses.
What about contemplating the duality of his ability in regard to both versatility AND utility? I just wanted to get a few more words out there ending with "ility"; however that attempt might be indeed one in futility.

I mean I’m happy he’s back but if he’s ready to go I wouldn’t look past a team that was desperate for a starting def end let’s say because of an injury, be opposed to trade him.
I disagree…this team needs to be all in….Ogbah can help make this defense dominant.

This defense being dominant could be the difference in toughest division in football!

I disagree…this team needs to be all in….Ogbah can help make this defense dominant.

This defense being dominant could be the difference in toughest division in football!
I disagree because I think a team should always be thinking about the future, not this 'all in this year' type philosophy, I also mainly said what I said because when you have an abundance of talent at one position like we do at edge, and we are thin at another like right tackle, swing, and left guard, then if a team lost their starting edge and their out shopping then perhaps they are willing to make a trade for someone that can help them and they have someone who can help us.

I disagree because I think a team should always be thinking about the future, not this 'all in this year' type philosophy, I also mainly said what I said because when you have an abundance of talent at one position like we do at edge, and we are thin at another like right tackle, swing, and left guard, then if a team lost their starting edge and their out shopping then perhaps they are willing to make a trade for someone that can help them and they have someone who can help us.
It’s been my experience that a dominant all time great defense is hard to beat in postseason…the No Name defense dominated our back to back Super Bowl wins…they were number one in the league.

85’ Bears…86’ Giants…00’ Ravens…02’ Bucs…76’ Steelers…13’ Seahawks…

Defenses like these dominate Superbowls!

This defense could be one of those!

It’s a toss-up, in my opinion.

A healthy Ogbah is disruptive. I don’t think there’s much question about that. Here’s the real question, in my opinion.

“If Tua stays healthy, is Miami’s ceiling a Super Bowl win?”

I think the answer is yes. And once that answer is “yes,” you come out blazing with everything you have. Thinking about the future (imo) is for teams that have won a Lombardi recently.

Want an example of this? Look at the Eagles. They were DESPERATE for a Super Bowl win for decades. They finally got one in 2017, and THEN they started playing future ball. And they did it really well. They had a couple down years, and now they’re a powerhouse.

I get the thought of a trade if things go wrong. But unless someone offers something silly for Ogbah, it doesn’t make any sense to me to trade him. He’ll clear a lot of salary cap, but would you rather have cap or a deep playoff run?

It’s been my experience that a dominant all time great defense is hard to beat in postseason…the No Name defense dominated our back to back Super Bowl wins…they were number one in the league.

85’ Bears…86’ Giants…00’ Ravens…02’ Bucs…76’ Steelers…13’ Seahawks…

Defenses like these dominate Superbowls!

This defense could be one of those!
I do agree with you here and I’m a defensive guy all the way, but, I also believe in balance, unbalance can ruin your your plans.

Of course the offer would have to be a starting caliber tackle or a 2nd or 3rd round pick..

It’s a toss-up, in my opinion.

A healthy Ogbah is disruptive. I don’t think there’s much question about that. Here’s the real question, in my opinion.

“If Tua stays healthy, is Miami’s ceiling a Super Bowl win?”

I think the answer is yes. And once that answer is “yes,” you come out blazing with everything you have. Thinking about the future (imo) is for teams that have won a Lombardi recently.

Want an example of this? Look at the Eagles. They were DESPERATE for a Super Bowl win for decades. They finally got one in 2017, and THEN they started playing future ball. And they did it really well. They had a couple down years, and now they’re a powerhouse.

I get the thought of a trade if things go wrong. But unless someone offers something silly for Ogbah, it doesn’t make any sense to me to trade him. He’ll clear a lot of salary cap, but would you rather have cap or a deep playoff run?
I just see him as a little bit of a luxury with a high salary and if I can improve our most glaring weakness or improve our limited draft stock next year I would do it jmo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom