Ogden rumor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogden rumor

As long as we get something for him, it's cool.

bartee

on the KC Site he is listed as starter....

Ciao Alex from BErlin,Germany

Originally posted by rafael
I've never watched Bartee play, so i'll defer to whatever Wann/Spiel think of him. Personally, I was hoping for a draft pick. Either way, we were going to get little or nothing for Ogden. I guess they chose little. I'm just glad A.J. made the team, I was really rooting for for him last year too. ( assuming the rumor is true)

we will be lucky to get anything for Ogden. so if you gety something, that is good.

Re: bartee

Originally posted by Al13
on the KC Site he is listed as starter....

Ciao Alex from BErlin,Germany

lets see here, KC lists him as a starter and yet they are going to tradehim? why? ill tell you why, cus thats how you get some trade action going. hey starter CB for a PR. its a bluff and we would get an overachiever at a position that will require some time to get used to in our system.

That's why a lot of what you hear from coaches, you have to read between the lines.

For instance, Wanny has stated that L. Henry is probably not ready to play in the NFL at this point. Well, guess what? He is just trying to steer teams away from him, so they can add him to the PS after he clears waivers.

The same can be said about him "talking up" Ogden. Do you think there would be any trade value for him, if Wanny were to came out and say that " He is really not in our plans, He's ok, but nothing special". No, of course, not. So Wanny has been talking him up, to build his potential trade value.

Got to read between the lines when listening to "coach's speak".

Especialy Wanny, when he starts talking about all the various "standpoints" and such. :lol:

Originally posted by WCoastFin
Bring him over...heck, we aint gonna nothing to lose....its just Ogden.

yeah what the hell we just give away future good football players like Severns and henry Taylor so why not? we have absolutely nothing left to lose! hey they got any 13 year vets looking to make a cmeback from a major injury? there bound to stick!:monkey:

Originally posted by scotgif
That's why a lot of what you hear from coaches, you have to read between the lines.

For instance, Wanny has stated that L. Henry is probably not ready to play in the NFL at this point. Well, guess what? He is just trying to steer teams away from him, so they can add him to the PS after he clears waivers.

The same can be said about him "talking up" Ogden. Do you think there would be any trade value for him, if Wanny were to came out and say that " He is really not in our plans, He's ok, but nothing special". No, of course, not. So Wanny has been talking him up, to build his potential trade value.

Got to read between the lines when listening to "coach's speak".

Especialy Wanny, when he starts talking about all the various "standpoints" and such. :lol:

Look the league is on to us now. guys like Tony dungy knows the dolphins. that crap aint gonna work no mo! sorry! i can figure out what wanny means when he says something or doesnt say somethin for that matter. whatever. this is a game you can only play for so long. teams watch other teams boards to see what people are saying and they take a closer look at the preaseason game and they go, hey we could use a guy like Leonard henry! and there you go! what i dont understand is why wanny has a hard on for Dario Romero! argh!

Dude, did you WATCH Justin Seaverns?? What future did he have with us?? He's slow and he doesn't react quickly enough to compensate. He didn't make enough plays. Tommy Hendricks is MUCH better. Who would you suggest we cut in favor Seaverns?? I'd love to hear this. Why don't you give us YOUR ideal 53-man roster. You can include anyone who was in camp this year.

You're being silly, 54.

"teams watch other teams boards to see what people are saying and they take a closer look at the preaseason game and they go, hey we could use a guy like Leonard henry! and there you go!"

So 54, now teams are "scouting" other team's message boards, and looking into players that the fans are talking about? Come on, bro, that's just a little too much to believe!

Originally posted by Muck
Dude, did you WATCH Justin Seaverns?? What future did he have with us?? He's slow and he doesn't react quickly enough to compensate. He didn't make enough plays. Tommy Hendricks is MUCH better. Who would you suggest we cut in favor Seaverns?? I'd love to hear this. Why don't you give us YOUR ideal 53-man roster. You can include anyone who was in camp this year.

You're being silly, 54.

so whats up with twan russell? we keep him? what do you think about severette he seems to be sticking? noone gave him any cudos. and now all of a sudden he is someone? i saw the kid could play. im not blind. he was breaking up passes. and where was hendricks for the first 3 games? i didnt see him at all. and oh wow, he had a great game against the Bears, against third string scuds. and severns was slow? where did you notice being slow? i saw the kid making tackle after tackle. was in on a couple of sacks. what did you see or not see for that matter? i find it amusing that you all read these articles and as soon as there written you "buy off" on what the coaches say. so i guess jamar fletcher is a waste. and i guess Henry taylor sucks at the point of attack.yeah right. a tony dungy will show you a point of attack. So Wannspiel cant do any wrong huh? well, im starting to see some cracks in the wall. end of story.

You really think other people in the NFL are listening to what their colleagues say about players?? When all they have to do is watch the tape and judge for themselfs how desperate they really are for talent?? :goof:

Muck is right. Wanny isn't giving away good players. We are talking about marginal guys. I liked Seaverns, nice story. But we are not talking about the second coming of Lawrence Taylor. Most of these guys are special teamers at best.

I don't know about these Ogden rumors, but if we get anything for him, that is a pretty good job by the front office.

"teams watch other teams boards to see what people are saying and they take a closer look at the preaseason game and they go, hey we could use a guy like Leonard henry! and there you go!"

So 54, now teams are "scouting" other team's message boards, and looking into players that the fans are talking about? Come on, bro, that's just a little too much to believe!

what do you think spielman does? what you think he just has this magic wand that produces a list of players who will be somebody someday? he is in touch with all 31 teams constantly. he looks for the guy who noone else is looking at. larry chester if you will. he is always looking. im not saying teams message boards are a great source, but if this were your job, wouldnt you want to know what people are saying about someone? i would. they read teh clips of all the newspapers, whatever, the same as us. cus you have to be on top of something as it is happening. that is why we have sage rosenfels.

Back
Top Bottom