OGUN to get traded? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OGUN to get traded?

Y-TownPhinVet

35 years and counting
Reaction score
My thoughts from reading everything over the last month is the Ogun gets traded, the fins get a higher #1 pick and a second rounder and possibly a fifth rounder. The trade would not only move us higher ( we give OGUN and #20) in the first round, but add a couple picks later. Any thoughts?

I advanced that very thought about a month ago:

O-Gun & 1,20 to Bears for 1,14 and 2,47 but chatised as not enough for him. I then added a swap of 4th rd picks......still not enough :shakeno:

I wouldn't even consider trading Ogunleye unless we get a first round pick. Swapping firsts and getting a second and fifth just isn't enough for a young DE who lead the AFC in sacks last season.

That is all we'll get for Ogun. He has put up two nice years at DE but teams are not going to give up a 1st rounder - especially in the top 15 - very easily.

If the Bears will send us their 1st, 2nd, and 4th for Ogun and our 1st I see the Dolphins pulling the trigger. Of course I only see this happening if Andrews is sitting there at 14.

Also I think any trade involving Ogun will be complicated by his demands for a high dollar long term deal. Something like that can't be worked out on draft day so teams will cool to the idea of trading for him.

Does anyone that would be interested have the cap space to grab him anyways?

Originally posted by 4Dfins
Does anyone that would be interested have the cap space to grab him anyways?

If it's the Bears, they would have to be very creative due to the Tait deal. I imagine that there would be some way to use roster bonuses and guaranteed money to make a backloaded deal acceptable, though.

You guys should not expect a draft day trade for Ogun imo.If it hasn't gotten done in all this time, I don't think is gonna get done in one day. I want him with us anyway.

Ozzy rules!!

I think it makes sense in a lot of ways, but I don't see it happening. I think, for whatever reason, OGun just has not generated that much interest. The Bears and Vikings both were somewhat interested, but not enough to go get him.

I think the perception is that OGun is good and is only very good because JT is lining up opposite of him. Normally when a top flight DE hits the FA market teams are all over him. Not the case this time.

Makes you go hmmmm...

So as a result teams probably will not sacrifice too much to get him.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I think it makes sense in a lot of ways, but I don't see it happening. I think, for whatever reason, OGun just has not generated that much interest. The Bears and Vikings both were somewhat interested, but not enough to go get him.

I think the perception is that OGun is good and is only very good because JT is lining up opposite of him. Normally when a top flight DE hits the FA market teams are all over him. Not the case this time.

Makes you go hmmmm...

So as a result teams probably will not sacrifice too much to get him.

Rut-row..........we agree on something :eek:

Hey, I am a Clumpy fan.

I think we agree mor often than you realize.

The planets must be lining up.

i think now that rfa is over, the only way to trade ogun now is that he must be under contract. this would mean that the contract would have to be signed on draft day so that he could be traded that same day with no cap hit to us. i don't think it will happen.

Back
Top Bottom