OGun Waiting by the phone? Maybe McGahee will call... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OGun Waiting by the phone? Maybe McGahee will call...

One thing I hadn't considered with the 1-3 pick option, that may or may not make a trade likely...

What about all the teams we're hearing about that want to trade down? If there isn't a partner to trade down with, might, for example, a late first round team try to contact Miami about O-Gun instead?

I think Chambers may be the odd man out if they do resign Ogun... I'm just afraid they'll do something stupid like draft a WR in rnd 1 and then say "Lets not sign Chambers, we have this great new WR and Boston." I really like Chambers, and I wouldn't mind at all if he ended his career here.

phinphanphrommi said:
I think Chambers may be the odd man out if they do resign Ogun... I'm just afraid they'll do something stupid like draft a WR in rnd 1 and then say "Lets not sign Chambers, we have this great new WR and Boston." I really like Chambers, and I wouldn't mind at all if he ended his career here.

This is off topic in the thread but I really like your sig ppp !!!

It cut's right to the heart of pure FACT ....

:up:

:cooldude:

Marino1983

I say let Ogun call Tyrone, tell him come on and get your sh&*! Dolfanreal69

If we do trade Ogun today in the draft for a first round it will be a late first round because no team will trade there 1-22 for Ogun. I think we should trade Ogun because he isnt worth the type of money he want and plus we r going need to save up to give a contract extension to Chambers.

I'd rather we keep Ogun, but his 1.8 mil tender is about what the cap hit on all our rooks will be....I would not be too dissapointed if we got a 1st or 2nd this year and a 2nd next year or some combo thereof....(1st this year and conditional 3rd next year). But there are some players our there that could help us...particularly OL that want to be traded...If we get a decent starting OL and a 2nd rounder this year, could be ok as well. A pick that could help us this year, and a player would make his leaving easier on us...We would have to look at a DE somewhere in the draft as well...Dbowens and Grigsby would get us by this year, but I am not sure of the long term on them.

Ogun needs to stay on this team. He is an excellent DE, regardless of who is across from him. He might have been a 1st rder coming out of college if he had not blew out his knee. He has had two great seasons for us in a row. How many teams out there can't find somebody to play across from another good DE? Our pass rush is what helps our secondary play so well. He'll report before he loses big $$. We'll be able to re-sign him and chambers if the FO really wants that.

KBISBACK said:
If this happens, then there is a strong possibility Miami comes out of the first round with both Michael Clayton and Shawn Andrews.

That would be unbelievable. :yes:

JAGFISH said:
Ogun needs to stay on this team. He is an excellent DE, regardless of who is across from him. He might have been a 1st rder coming out of college if he had not blew out his knee. He has had two great seasons for us in a row. How many teams out there can't find somebody to play across from another good DE? Our pass rush is what helps our secondary play so well. He'll report before he loses big $$. We'll be able to re-sign him and chambers if the FO really wants that.

Right on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom