Ogunleye's contract? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogunleye's contract?

Wannysux

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone know what Adewale's current contract is? I heard he's only making about 100 or 200 grand a year and I'm sure if his contract ends this year he'll rightfully demand a whole lot more. I hope we can afford him since we have a lot of big money players already on the team. Any thoughts?

Tim

we can't really afford to keep him AND restructure Chamber's contract. I like the prince, but a trade for a 1st and 3rd round tender would be pallatable.

You are correct, GT. It is more important to concentrate on the offense this offseason, improving it, and keeping players that have already made an impact (Ricky, Konrad, Chambers...)

taylor's gonna get a whole lotta double teaming

but in a way you're right, we spend planty on this D as it is, a first round LT, WR would be nice

He only makes something like $375K this year. But I think we also gave him a small incentive package to boot. Don't quote me on that. Just off the top of my head.

Which reminds me.......be on the lookout for our new cap page very soon. :up:

What's up with the sig man? That guy is staring at me like he wants to get me or something. It bothers me..

His salary is $375,000 plus he has $100,000 in LTBE incentives that he has probably already earned. He also has $175,000 NLTBE for 2004 if he led the team in sacks and it appears that he will so he already counts $175,000 vs 2004 cap even though he's not under contract for 2004

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
What's up with the sig man? That guy is staring at me like he wants to get me or something. It bothers me..

kinda looks like he's looking downwards...to my special spot, makes me a little uncomfortable:tsk:

just playing McKnight :lol:

Ogun is a RFA after this season meaning we still have his rights. If we place a first and third round tender on him (or just first), that is what any team will have to give us to sign him away from us. If no one bites on this, we owe him about $1,800,000 next year. We still hold the cards next year. It's going to be extremely hard for us to sign him to the long term contract he deserves. Remember we still have D-Bo, J Williams, NFLE standout L Williams (injured), and Grigsby. It might be better if someone snags him, and we get their pick(s). He is a great young player, but we need to spend some money on Offense as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
His salary is $375,000 plus he has $100,000 in LTBE incentives that he has probably already earned. He also has $175,000 NLTBE for 2004 if he led the team in sacks and it appears that he will so he already counts $175,000 vs 2004 cap even though he's not under contract for 2004

The Miami Herald reported $75K for 10 sacks, $100K for 12, $125K for 14 sacks and an additional $100K if he leads the team in sacks. Since Ogun had nine sacks and didn't lead the team in sacks last year all his incentives are NLTBE.

Where did you get the info of $175K??? Also why do you call the NLTBE incentive for 2004??? It may turn out that way but that's not the way incentives are accounted for.

The tenders for RFA for 2003 were:

same round as aquired $619K

1st round tender $1.35M

1st and 3rd round tender $1.801M &

According to John Clayton of ESPN:
"A more exclusive tender has been created to prevent movement of a player with three years experience. It's rarely used, but it would count $2.301 million against the cap. " (I have to look into that this year)

These amounts are expected to go up in 2004. So I have been estimating $700K,$1.5M and $2M respectively for 2004 until the new amounts are announced.

What have you been using Clump???

They usually increase about 10% per year. So, I've been using $675,000; $1.5 million; $1.9 million. Do you have a link to that Clayton article about that higher tender??

I'm at work right now, but I got my number for O-gun from published reports. I'll try to find the link when I get home

Back
Top Bottom