Ogunleye's contract? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ogunleye's contract?

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
They usually increase about 10% per year. So, I've been using $675,000; $1.5 million; $1.9 million. Do you have a link to that Clayton article about that higher tender??

I'm at work right now, but I got my number for O-gun from published reports. I'll try to find the link when I get home

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1514182.html

Where do you find a players original contract number including signing bonuses, year by year salaries, and incentives??? Is there a single site for this??? NFLPA.org has no signing bonus #s or incentive #s listed. Where are these #s Clump or Merman?????

Originally posted by unclemonty
Where do you find a players original contract number including signing bonuses, year by year salaries, and incentives??? Is there a single site for this??? NFLPA.org has no signing bonus #s or incentive #s listed. Where are these #s Clump or Merman?????

No there is no single site for this information. It has to be accumulated and verified with other reputable reports. Reporters don't always understand what they are writing about as they sometimes give out very confusing information. Information about Ruddy's restructure is a good example. Other times the information is just reported inaccurately. The first reports of Ogunleye's incentives is a good example.
7/24/03 The Palm Beach Post
Ogunleye signs: Defensive end Adewale Ogunleye signed his one-year tender worth $375,000 after the team upped its incentives package to $275,000.
Ogunleye can earn an extra $125,00 for more than two sacks, $100,000 if he leads the team in sacks and $50,000 in honors, like the Pro Bowl.
7/25/03 The Sun Sentinel
The Dolphins officially signed defensive end Adewale Ogunleye to a one-year contract Thursday. Ogunleye can earn up to an additional $125,000 if he records 14 sacks and another $100,000 if he leads the team in sacks.

Try this site:
http://www.patsfans.com/miguel/capsources.html

Thanx for the info Merman. I've been trying to figure out how people know this info (very few do). Thanx again for the help.

Originally posted by unclemonty
Thanx for the info Merman. I've been trying to figure out how people know this info (very few do). Thanx again for the help.

This is exactly the reason I started and finally got a Dolphins salary cap chart up on the net. It is simple and IMO easy to understand. I try to get it updated as often as possible. :cool:

The Dolphins will slap a 1st/3rd tender on O-Gun and he will be a Dolphin next year. It won't be difficult for the Dolphins to meet the tender. If D-Bo takes a pay cut to the veteran minimum, that's $1 million for Wale. If D-Bo doesn't, the team cuts him and gives that $1.5 million to Wale. It also looks like we'd realize more cap savings than dead money by dumping Jay Williams.

Back
Top Bottom