OH STANKEE Fans../Sox Wins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OH STANKEE Fans../Sox Wins

Peebs said:
OH so then you became a fan when the Skankees SUCKED? Mid-80's the Skankees were so bad they couldn't give tickets away. So what pennants did the Red Sox exactly beat the Skankees for? In 1986 they were 5.5 games out of 1st. Not exactly a close race.

1980-finished 1st and were sweeped by KC in the ALCS
1981-finished 3rd
1982-finished 5th
1983-finished 3rd
1984-finished 3rd
1985-finished 2nd
1986-finished 2nd
1987-finished 4th
1988-finished 5th
1989-finished 5th

Not a stella decade for the Pinstripes was it?

And in the 70's the only two good years were 77 and 78. In 76 they were sweeped by Cincy in the WS. Didn't even eek out one win.

But looking at the Stats from back in the 70's and 80's makes me want 2 divisions again. East and West. That's it. None of this pansy "wildcard" ****. (Even though the Sox were the wildcard team this year ;)) Either you fought hard and won your divison or you didn't. THAT was Baseball.

No we weren't great as I grew up and that's why I appreciate this past decade. I never saw them in the postseason until 1995 and I an remember games as far back as the early 80s(I was awate of the '81 WS but don't remember specifics other than what I knew now). We had alot of good hitting teams w/ no pitching(sound familiar?) b/c George went our and got big name bats. It wasn't until george got suspended that Gene Michael and Buck Showalter were able to build the dynasty which George has since ruined.

As for the WC, if we had it in the 80s I would have seen a few postseasons and if we didn't have it now we'd probably have a few more Championships b/c we wouldn't have lost Boston, Florida and Anaheim the past 3 years.

clear.gif

just to beat a dead horse, the stankees still suck.

Back
Top Bottom