• Move up to draft Cutler

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Draft QB later, start Gus

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Draft QB later, get FA QB to start

Votes: 24 31.6%

• Total voters
RoKnRuiN said:
I will take Kitna as a free agent and draft an offensive lineman in the first round.

I would love to have Kitna, but he's not going anywhere due to Palmer's injury the Bengals are going to re-sign him:(

The only decent QB's out there by the time we draft are Brodie Croyle and Omar Jacobs.....I think they are both ok, but not as good as Cutler, Young and Leinart. That probably just leaves the FA quarterbacks...I think Houston will keep Carr, I think the Titans will likely take one of the above QB's, I just hope the Jets don't end up with Cutler. :mad: I also don't think McNair or Culpepper are the answer. I liked Orlovsky the rookie QB that played for Connecticut.....can't remember which NFL team drafted him?, and Rivers is decent but not likely to leave the Chargers. We may not be able to get anyone better than Gus for a while. :shakeno:

TotoreMexico said:
I would love to have Kitna, but he's not going anywhere due to Palmer's injury the Bengals are going to re-sign him:(

I don't know why you people keep saying this. Kitna is UNRESTRICTED. He wants to start and is pursuing a starting position in free agency. He will NOT be with the Bengals this season unless NO other team wants him for a starter.

SA_BUTTA said:
there is no option for move up in the draft and take Cutler and Start Gus. Cutler would be QB of the future. I would not want to start him immediately.

Thank You. You hit the nail on the head. For one we wont get Cutler. Two we all know deep down that Gus will be the starter again. I am not opposed to drafting a QB in the later rounds of the the draft and grooming him. But all of you that have high hopes of us getting a quarterback to start over GUS need to re-evaluate them Saban way. He will not give up picks to move up in the draft. He will stick with the G-man.

Roman529 said:
The only decent QB's out there by the time we draft are Brodie Croyle and Omar Jacobs.....I think they are both ok, but not as good as Cutler, Young and Leinart. That probably just leaves the FA quarterbacks...I think Houston will keep Carr, I think the Titans will likely take one of the above QB's, I just hope the Jets don't end up with Cutler. :mad: I also don't think McNair or Culpepper are the answer. I liked Orlovsky the rookie QB that played for Connecticut.....can't remember which NFL team drafted him?, and Rivers is decent but not likely to leave the Chargers. We may not be able to get anyone better than Gus for a while. :shakeno:
Please, share with me what you know of Cutler that makes him such a hot commodity that he would be taken in the top 15, above 14 other players who are the very very best at their respective positions? By my count, there are only 4 teams in the top 15 picks that would even consider a QB...period! Add to that the fact that even those teams may have other significant needs, and that other players (i.e. safety position/LT/etc.) at other positions may grade out well above JC at their respective positions, are the odds really that slim that two of those four would pass on Cutler? I don't think so. Thoughts?

Depends on what sort of a combine Cutler has, but at this point, he'd have to set the world on fire there before I (if I were the 'Phins' GM) would move up to take him. From what he's shown so far, I might stay where the team is at #16 and hope he drops and take him if he's the BPA. But I think that if anyone who takes him earlier, we can still get good value where we are and draft a QB later and let him and Gus (and possibly a FA) duke it out for the starting position, may the best man win.

wagz said:
idc what we do we need a Qb for the feuture, look what happened to us w/ wanstet, we didn't have a good QB and we were one of the worst teams in the league for years
However, the 'Phins' problems ran a lot deeper than just poor QBing. Sure, we had a few good players, but their talent was being wasted by lousy coaching.

Back
Top Bottom