Okay nay sayers, what would you have done? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Okay nay sayers, what would you have done?

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
I am sick of you self proclaimed experts who are slamming this move.

Enlighten us with your genuis and tell us who you woudl have hired and why they are a better choice then what we did.

Time to put up or shut up. Quit your b-itching and put your expertise up or shut up and let the rest of us enjoy what we feel is a very good move.

How about someone with some experience for a start.:rolleyes:

I have no problem with the Marino hiring. The mistake was to keep Wanny imo. I really think that the players need a different guy in there to lead them. I don't think our players are buying into him anymore. Nothing personal cos I think Wanny's a great guy but he's not the leader that we really need. I don't care who the starting QB is next year, I don't see us winning the superbowl with Wanny and I really HOPE that I'm wrong.

Ozzy rules!!

Oh PUH-LEEEASE! We've had DOZENS of threads asking this question already and people have answered it OVER AND OVER again!
Huizenga SHOULD have fired Wanny after the NE loss in 2002...failing that, Wanny SHOULD have been fired the day the season ended.
THEN you bring in a GM like Thomson or Savage and let HIM select the head coach he wants.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I am sick of you self proclaimed experts who are slamming this move.

Enlighten us with your genuis and tell us who you woudl have hired and why they are a better choice then what we did.

Time to put up or shut up. Quit your b-itching and put your expertise up or shut up and let the rest of us enjoy what we feel is a very good move.

I'm not offended by the move, but I wanted Thompson from Seattle as our GM. This way we would of had a more involved Wolf.

I think if since they removed Wanny from deciding on talent, they should have removed Rick. As a group they all came to the deciosn they did about the talent. So IMO we're just hoping Wanny was the only problem. We'll see.

With Thompson here, they could have still named Marino whatever they named him. Shoot they could have just named him ticket sales gimmick #1 for 2004 as far as I'm concerned. :D

Oliver...

Originally posted by Superself
How about someone with some experience for a start.:rolleyes:

Okay, how?

I mean lets see that razors knowledge. WHo is out there??

I wan tnames and reasons. Do your homework or shut up.

Okay, how?

\
You mean for the position the created just for Marino? As far as that goes I guess only Marino is qualfied for that. That's if you want to get ultra techy about it. :D

Oliver...

Lets see, let me help you. Savage holds the same positon with Baltimore that Speilman holds with us. Pro Football Talk has this to say about that:

Mike Florio Pro Football Weekly:
One league source tells us that, of the entire slew of candidates who have been interviewed, only Ravens director of college scouting Phil Savage is remotely qualified to ascend to the position of General Manager for the Miami Dolphins. If any of the other candidates interviewed to date gets the job, the entire process (according to the source) was a sham.

Others think that even Savage doesn't have the full complement of skills necessary to be a true G.M. Though he's widely regarded as a rising star with respect to preparing for the draft, Savage has no real experience when it comes to navigating the increasingly-treacherous waters of free agency and the salary cap.

Oh yes and lets see there is Thomson who is VP of Seattle's operations. Now there is a success story...NOT! Last I checked the Seahawks have not won anything either. In fact they are not as good as Miami is right now.

Any other ideas or are you getting the point yet? This move was made because there was no real name GM out there. The only person they would have hired that would have been a signifigant move was Ron Wolfe. No one else qualifies. So they start here and let Dan be the man of judgement and enforcement. He will not stand for the complacency that this organization has had for four years. If they don't get it done they will be gone.

Okay, how?

Umm reason means more experience....names?

90% of the people interviewed were more qualified!

Now you shut up.

Originally posted by ohall

\
You mean for the position the created just for Marino? As far as that goes I guess only Marino is qualfied for that. That's if you want to get ultra techy about it. :D

Oliver...

Hey what's up Oliver. How many names you got here??

Even though this postion was created in Miami for Marino, there are other VP of Football Operations in the league.

How you doing?

I am ready to tailgate again. Nice job by the way.

Originally posted by Superself

Umm reason means more experience....names?

90% of the people interviewed were more qualified!

Now you shut up.

Who was more qualified than Speilman? The most qualified held the same job on a worse team!

Please. You know nothing. You just like to complain about whatever they do.

Hey what's up Oliver. How many names you got here??

Even though this postion was created in Miami for Marino, there are other VP of Football Operations in the league.

How you doing?

I am ready to tailgate again. Nice job by the way.

How many names do I have here? Just one. I guess you missed every post I post with my name at the end.

I'm good thx.

And I'm not that Oliver, you are thinking of FFiB. FFiB is also named Oliver. He lives in Boca I live in Orlando. Damn confusing I know. :D

FYI, I'm the Oliver you hate! :D

Oliver...

Who was more qualified than Speilman? The most qualified held the same job on a worse team!

Thompson from Seattle would appear to be more qualified. After all Ron Wolf recomended him. But that's just one mans opinion, obviously Wayne disagrees. And he signs the checks. :D

Oliver...

You sound like you are seriously brainwashed.
Could it be that the aura of Marino already has you in a trance??
Don't drink the aqua Kool-Aid man!

Why wouldn't Randy Mueller be a good fit in Miami?

Front office should have been gutted, new coaching staff with no pre-existing loyalties to any players on the roster, move on

Back
Top Bottom