Okay nay sayers, what would you have done? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Okay nay sayers, what would you have done?

Originally posted by Superself

Well I'm not outraged. That would be silly!
I'm just not satisfied.

If they are equal...then Mueller should get the edge because he has GM experience. Someone please tell me that GM does involve more than being a personnel guy??
Are there any experienced GMs ont he forum tonight?

Well that depends. Of course they interviewed the guy, so obviously they have a better feel of what he's all about. However from the outside you could make a case that it's better to promote from within. It's not an uncommon thing to take place in the NFL. Not saying it's right or wrong.

Oliver...

Originally posted by fin-atic

You are thinking of this all wrong. Marino will be moving up to Eddie Jones job, not down to Speilman's job. The differenc is now there is more accountability from the Coaching and personnel by someone who knows the game and won't tolerate the same crap.

Mueller? PLEASE! Read my other posts. He is less qualified than Speilman.

I read your other posts and disagree. Mueller is respected in many NFL circles and is an experienced GM. He has drafted well, at times, and would have represented a total change in the way the dolphins operate, good or bad I don't know.

The news as I understand it said nothing about Marino taking over for Eddie Jones. It said that Marino is Spielman's and DW's boss . So, this has the potential to be a two headed monster with the "personnel expert/GM" - Spielman - eventially having to go with whatever Marino wants. That, imo, is not a GM.

I have no problem with the hiring of Marino and Spielman as GM.

None whatsoever!

Dude he got fired from two GM jobs. That's not good experience.

Face it you are way off base on this post.

I am done.

Bye all.

GO FINS!!!

So what he was fired.
You keep harping on that like NOBODY gets fired these days.
The guy did a damn good job while there, but you seem to ignore that. Nobody knows WHY he was let go either....so there is some question behind that whole fiasco.

So what he was fired.
The guy did a damn good job while there, but you seem to ignore that. Nobody knows WHY he was let go either....so there is some question behind that whole fiasco.

Exactly!

So what he was fired.

Yeah we do. He got into a power struggle with the owner in NO's. He was let go from both jobs for the same reason. He got into pissing contests with the owner.

I doubt he gets another GM job for some time. Once is a mistake, twice is a pattern.

Oliver...

Please tell me what any of those names have accomplished?

There is not one name there that has seen more success than anyone we have. You are suffering from the "grass is greener syndrome". You think ANYONE is better than what we have.

Can you say its not better than having Wanny do it all?

buddy..
wayne never wanted to fire wanny or speilman in the first place.
but he knew that this would disappoint the fans. the fans wanted to see a change. so he made up a new executive position and made the most popular player in dolphins history fill it. give me a break.
mueller, thomson, and wolf have entered teams with horrible records and made moves help them win more games, even go to the playoffs... coughlin took an expansion team to the AFC Championship in its early years, not to mention blowing out your beloved dolphins 62-7 in the first round of the playoffs. wayne and friends came into a team with arguably the most talent in the league, yet they get worse every year.
and no i dont suffer from the 'grass is greener' syndrome.. but you seem to be suffering from the 'smoking too much grass' syndrome.

Originally posted by ohall

Yeah we do. He got into a power struggle with the owner in NO's. He was let go from both jobs for the same reason. He got into pissing contests with the owner.

I doubt he gets another GM job for some time. Once is a mistake, twice is a pattern.

Oliver...

Power struggle with an owner? Well HEY! I doubt Wayne would have EVER had a problem with Randy then....Wayne never muddles with what the GM is doing.
...and its not like his tinkering wasn't helping that team!

Perfect fit there pal.

Originally posted by Jnaledu3

buddy..
wayne never wanted to fire wanny or speilman in the first place.
but he knew that this would disappoint the fans. the fans wanted to see a change. so he made up a new executive position and made the most popular player in dolphins history fill it. give me a break.
mueller, thomson, and wolf have entered teams with horrible records and made moves help them win more games, even go to the playoffs... coughlin took an expansion team to the AFC Championship in its early years, not to mention blowing out your beloved dolphins 62-7 in the first round of the playoffs. wayne and friends came into a team with arguably the most talent in the league, yet they get worse every year.
and no i dont suffer from the 'grass is greener' syndrome.. but you seem to be suffering from the 'smoking too much grass' syndrome.

Mueller hasn't won anything, and does not play well with owners. Thompson has never been a GM, and was over looked by Seattle when they were looking for a new GM a year ago. Wolf was looked at very hard, but is retired, and staying retired.

Coughlin, what does he have to do with anything? Are trying to say he should be our HC/GM right now? If so, I have to say that is not an improvement. If you're going to replace a winning coach like Wanny that coach that is replacing him had better have a ring on his finger that is there because he coached a team to an NFL title.

Oliver...

Power struggle with an owner? Well HEY! I doubt Wayne would have EVER had a problem with Randy then....Wayne never muddles with what the GM is doing.
...and its not like his tinkering wasn't helping that team!

Perfect fit there pal.

Those are some huge assumptions on your part. 1st that Wayne does not muddle, and that there would not be a problem even if he doesn't.

I can see both sides here.

I'm just saying it's not as cut an dry as you are making it out to be. It is very debateable. I don't think either side is wrong here. It's not like any of the ppl we were looking at seriously have won it all as a GM or a HC. Wolf was not coming out of retirement, and Gibbs was not coming to Miami so they don't count IMO.

Oliver...

Mueller hasn't won anything, and does not play well with owners. Thompson has never been a GM...

Oliver...

If you think about it, neither Marino or Spielman hve won anything or been a GM either. That said, I am glad Spielman is there, I like him, I just don't know what this means in the long run.

Those are some huge assumptions on your part. 1st that Wayne does not muddle, and that there would not be a problem even if he doesn't.

I can see both sides here.

I'm just saying it's not as cut an dry as you are making it out to be. It is very debateable. I don't think either side is wrong here. It's not like any of the ppl we were looking at seriously have won it all as a GM or a HC. Wolf was not coming out of retirement, and Gibbs was not coming to Miami so they don't count IMO.

Oliver...

Ok, well I just thought it was well known throughout the football world that Wayne did not get in the way.
Most people talk at length about that when discussing Miami's owner. I think it is true.

Now maybe Randy needs and overseer? I just don't think so.

But these are still my opinions...I could be wrong.

People are crying over Mueller?Blah....

I could undertstand Wolf but Mueller?BLAH!!!!!!!!

Who was more qualified than Speilman? The most qualified held the same job on a worse team!

Please. You know nothing. You just like to complain about whatever they do.
Damn fin-atic is on fire tonight! :beerbang:

Go get 'em.

Wolf > Mueller
Spielman > Mueller
Savage > Mueller

I'm glad Mueller is not the GM.

Back
Top Bottom