OL Coach Dave DeGuglielmo and the Dolphins agree to mutually part ways | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL Coach Dave DeGuglielmo and the Dolphins agree to mutually part ways

Marc Colombo couldnt play OT to save his life, what makes him a good OL coach?
[/QUOT

Very ignorant sports comment. Every real sports fan knows very pedestrian players in all of sports make good coaches and managers. Happens all the time. C06E2E4B-C5B0-4DFA-84CC-6FEEC66A9676.jpeg

(A lot to process today)

Don't think it was ever DeGuglielmo's intention to be the OL coach in the first place so their parting of ways seems mutual and was handled in a very professional manner. I'm relieved to know that the OL will be an area of focus during the offseason but still kind of confused as to why O'shea was let go. Perhaps the new OC will be bringing in their own staff and maybe it has more to do with continuity? Who knows at this point...

With that being said here's what our most recent history of OL coaching looks like:

• John Benton (2014-2015): I believe he was a casualty of the purge when Adam Gase came into town. He's now the current OL coach of the San Francisco 49ers.
  • Chris Foerster (2016): Most know the story. Fired by Miami for putting his nose somewhere it didn't belong. As of 2019, Foerster is currently an assistant coach with San Francisco. (???)
  • Dave DeGuglielmo (2017): Replaced Foerster. This guy is like a Band-Aid when it comes to OL coaching fiascos.
  • Jeremiah Washburn (2018): Tough guy. While biking, was actually hit by a truck and broke his leg. Continued coaching the Fins on a broken leg. Current whereabouts unknown but assuming he was let go post-Gase.
  • Pat Flaherty (2019): Fired only 4 days into training camp. First notable mistake made by Flores? DeGuglielmo assumed the OL role once again but there was just too much change over this year.

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Not sure why anyone would make a statement like that.

MJ and Magic are two of the best roundball players ever, but niether one could coach a YMCA team.

He's been a great coach for Dallas and he was washed up here not prior.
I agree Colombo has done a very good job in Dallas but when you look at all the talent he has been working with, it would be difficult to do a bad job. I have no problem if they hire Colombo but he will soon find out that the Dolphins are not the Cowboys in regards to the players on the OL.

Ted Williams was one of the greatest baseball players in history but he sucked as a manager. Being good or bad as a player rarely has anything to do with whether or not you end up being a good coach. He obviously has an ability to teach the offensive linemen even if he was never more than a mediocre offensive tackle during his years in the NFL.

I agree Colombo has done a very good job in Dallas but when you look at all the talent he has been working with, it would be difficult to do a bad job. I have no problem if they hire Colombo but he will soon find out that the Dolphins are not the Cowboys in regards to the players on the OL.
All too true, but hopefully that may be changing in the next few years.

Wow. Lot of changes today. Hopefully it won't be a total disaster at the start of the season next year. Would really like some stability before the season starts. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom