OL Coach Dave DeGuglielmo and the Dolphins agree to mutually part ways | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL Coach Dave DeGuglielmo and the Dolphins agree to mutually part ways

Marc Colombo couldnt play OT to save his life, what makes him a good OL coach?

He was a very good O-lineman in his prime.

Terrible take.

~~~~~

Colombo scrapped the Paul Alexanders hand technique in Dallas which resulted in the amount of sacks dropping by quite a bit from last year to this year. La'el Collins had his best season by far this past season.

When Collins(RT) and Williams(LG) were injured their backups in Brandon Knight(RT) and Xavier Sua-Filo played very well. And then when XSF got injured Joe Looney (G/C) stepped up in week 17.

He's a well respected guy that brings a no nonsense attitude.

He did sign a 3 year deal with Dallas this past offseason, fwiw.

Wow. Lot of changes today. Hopefully it won't be a total disaster at the start of the season next year. Would really like some stability before the season starts. :rolleyes:

Agree here. The offense and even the OL showed improvement..with scrubs. Early season was awful, but we were seeing progress. But it's a bit refreshing to see some straight up accountability...i just hope the blame is placed in the right place. Or it's possible this could be part of a bigger plan of personnel swapping long planned, with these guys knowing they were placeholders.

Exactly was he trying to break the wallet of Ross based on olive performance?

that postgame hug between Flo & Dante Scarnecchia had a lotta close words exchanged.. maybe he wants a warmer climate?

If we can get half the oline Dallas has I'm all in

Funny you mention that. Bill Callahan just fired by the Skins

Little history:
Dallas let Callahan's contract as offensive line coach expire after the 2014-2015 season, allowing him to seek other opportunities and considered at the time among the best offensive line coaches in the NFL, and some considered him to be the leading reason behind the success of the Dallas Cowboys offensive line, which had 3 linemen (Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, and Travis Frederick) named to the 2014 All-Pro Team.

Don't know enough about who maybe out there but find this area of discussion far more interesting than what the board seems to be focusing on. Should Callahan be a consideration ????

Any ideas who we may tag ?

Last edited:
Funny you mention that. Bill Callahan just fired by the Skins

Little history:
Dallas let Callahan's contract as offensive line coach expire after the 2014-2015 season, allowing him to seek other opportunities and considered at the time among the best offensive line coaches in the NFL, and some considered him to be the leading reason behind the success of the Dallas Cowboys offensive line, which had 3 linemen (Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, and Travis Frederick) named to the 2014 All-Pro Team.

Don't know enough about who maybe out there but find this area of discussion far more interesting than what the board seems to be focusing on. Should Callahan be a consideration ????

Any ideas who we may tag ?
Callahan would be a good choice. His Offensive Lines seem to always perform, wherever he coaches. But if Marc Colombo is let go by Dallas, he's who I think gets the job in Miami. Apparently he played with Flores at Boston College.

We hired Gailey to coach. If poor Tony Sparano hadn’t passed prematurely, he’d be ideal. Maybe they’ll hire Wanny. Why not? We appear to be “losing for Lawrence” next year.

Callahan would be a good choice. His Offensive Lines seem to always perform, wherever he coaches. But if Marc Colombo is let go by Dallas, he's who I think gets the job in Miami. Apparently he played with Flores at Boston College.
I believe we tried to hire him last year but they retained him

Back
Top Bottom