OL in first instead of CB. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL in first instead of CB.

dolfan4eva

Starter
Reaction score
I think we should pick up an offensive lineman (Winston Justice?) in the first round instead of a CB(Michael Huff). We can pick up a good CB in the second or third because that position is really strong in the draft this year. Imagine if we got our franchise OL and picked up some one good in free agency. R&R would tear everybody up if they had some gaping holes to run through. Look at what they did with a decent line.

I don't like Justice. I think he's undisciplined and inexperienced. I'd rather have Marcus McNeill or Jon Scott on our O. Line, but I'd rather have Huff than any of those three. He's a playmaker, a difference maker. Those are hard to find.

dolfan4eva said:
I think we should pick up an offensive lineman (Winston Justice?) in the first round instead of a CB(Michael Huff). We can pick up a good CB in the second or third because that position is really strong in the draft this year. Imagine if we got our franchise OL and picked up some one good in free agency. R&R would tear everybody up if they had some gaping holes to run through. Look at what they did with a decent line.
I'd love for us to upgrade our O-line to. But I wouldn't mind us picking up a DB either. Either way I'd like us to get a OT and a DB in the first 2 rounds.

HysterikiLL said:
I don't like Justice. I think he's undisciplined and inexperienced. I'd rather have Marcus McNeill or Jon Scott on our O. Line, but I'd rather have Huff than any of those three. He's a playmaker, a difference maker. Those are hard to find.

I like McNeill but what scares me is his pass blocking, he doesn't use his hands well in pass blocking, it's like he just kinda head butts the DE's. But he's a great run blocker.

dolfan4eva said:
No way. Huff will make a bigger impact than ANY O-lineman. He can have the same type of impact Ed Reed has on the Ravens defense.Your argument can be reversed i.e we can pick up a good O-lineman in the second or third rd.Justice has played mostly RT. Just because his coach says he would be a good LT doesn't make it so.

jlfin said:
No way. Huff will make a bigger impact than ANY O-lineman. He can have the same type of impact Ed Reed has on the Ravens defense.Your argument can be reversed i.e we can pick up a good O-lineman in the second or third rd.Justice has played mostly RT. Just because his coach says he would be a good LT doesn't make it so.

well said...I agree

If Huffs there we take him. Unless some kind of unforseen miracle like Leinart dropping happens we would be all over Huff. He won't be there either unfortunately.

I'd take Greenway over Huff or any OT at 16.I can't wait for free agency so we can know what we'll need on draft day.

Ozzy rules!!

Either Huff or Justice would be good with me. Even if Justice can only play RT. If they are both there then either one would be fine. I mean a great DB or great olineman. Hopefully! I honestly think a Great LT is better than Saftey tho.

Only if Winston Justice or D'Brick are available would I rather them than Huff.

And even then I would still love either of them, I think the value at both positions with Huff and Winston are both great for the 16th pick.

To me, if Jay Cutler is off the board it will be between Michael Huff or Jonathan Scott. I'm still on the Huff bus right now, but it would be hard to pass on a potential franchise left tackle. I hear some people are interested in Marcus McNeil, I would pass on him becasue he is projected to be a right tackle in the NFL, plus his back problem should be examined closely.

I would like a db or OL in the first and second as well. Greenway would fit as well. I feel that at this exact moment our two weakest units talentwise are the secondary and Oline. We need to upgrade both of theses early in the draft. Obviously our QB needs to be upgraded but we don't need to get in that debate again. The Oline played well with good coaching, adding some talent would make them even better. Our secondary in my opinion is the worst unit on the team. Even with 49 sacks we had a terrible rankings in the secondary. I'd love to blame just Reggie Howard but he wasn't the only culprit to screw up. So I would take Huff first, then I'd take Greenway cause our pressure from the front 7 only helps the secondary. Then LT or OG, either Scott or Jean-Gilles (bit of a reach) at this time. Depending on how the team thinks of Williams or SImpson and how they time and iterview during the combine I wouldn't mind either of them.

unifiedtheory said:
If the choice is Huff or Justice I'd take Huff everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

No doubt

huff is the next troy polamalu. he's bigger, too. passing on him for anyone (except MAYBE cutler) is not smart. unfortunately for us, i think teams are figuring this out, and he'll be gone long before we pick. which is why we need to do what pittsburgh did to get polamalu, and trade up.

Back
Top Bottom