OL should be fine for 2004 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OL should be fine for 2004

I believe it will look like this:

LT - Wade Smith
LG - Villareal
C- Seth McKinney
RG - Carlos Joseph (or another high draft pick)
RT - Todd Wade

Everyone is saying that Wade is going to be offered more than hes worth and that why the Fins should let him go and sign John Tait. THing is that John Tait is rated as a better payer on various sites than Wade so i dont know why we would let go of Wade and sign Tait who would cost us more $$.

I think it will look like this...

LT- Wade Smith (with a bigger frame and more experience, he will be a quality starter
LG - Villareal - Good strong run blocker for Ricky's A gap running
C- McKinney - He should be able to take Ruddys position this year
RG - Nails will be back to form and regain his 2002 form
RT - Todd Wade ( with all the tackles on the market, I think he will end up back in our hands)

Originally posted by phinphanbill
Don't be surprised when you see this...

LT - Wade Smith
LG - Mark Dixon
C - Seth McKinney
RG - Billy Yates
LT - Todd Wade

That better not be the starting line-up!!!.:fire:

LT - W. Smith - I'll wait and see how he looks in TC. He could improve quite a bit after a year of painful experience. He's still merely average IMO....

LG - M. Dixon - No chance. He should retire. We'd be foolish expecting him to start in 2004. I doubt any other team would even give him a chance. He's done IMO....

C - S. McKinney - He's not ready yet. He's not big enough either. This guy looks like a small OG to me. I like his attitude, but he's still somewhat of a project wouldn't you say???....

RG - B. Yates - Come on now, he's like a 3rd stringer isn't he??? I think the only reason he got playing time was because of all the injuries we had. I'd like to see what he can do this off-season, but I wouldn't be all that comfortable starting him....

RT - T. Wade - This is the only guy we have on the OL who's worth a damn, and we may lose him this off-season. He's going to be very expensive, but he's worth it....

Our OL is in need of re-building at OG, we need a couple of new veterans and nothing more really. The hard part is finding the money to get it done....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Yates showed more than whitley thats for sure.
i personally wouldnt mind seeing
wade smith
a slimmed down jamie nails or vernon carey if nails isn't fit
McKinney
Villarial
Any of the million free agent right tackles that could do the job for us
preferably clifton, but could be out of our price range when all is said and done, but there are plenty of cheeper, yet quality options that will be out there

guards are more valuable in terms of our running game since ricky hits the A gaps...
that makes guys like jeno james/villarial a bigger priority in my opinion

Originally posted by HugeFinFan
I think it will look like this...

LT- Wade Smith (with a bigger frame and more experience, he will be a quality starter
LG - Villareal - Good strong run blocker for Ricky's A gap running
C- McKinney - He should be able to take Ruddys position this year
RG - Nails will be back to form and regain his 2002 form
RT - Todd Wade ( with all the tackles on the market, I think he will end up back in our hands)
that w/b nice, but that is major change, i.e. cutting Perry and Ruddy and signing 3 UFAs; and Nails is our LG

Villareal though sounds like someone worth getting - see http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31710&highlight=villarial

and I think we can re-sign Nails cheap.. Wade will only be back if no one else wants to pay him decent $$$

LT- Wade Smith
LG - Nails
C- McKinney
RG - Villareal
RT - :confused: no idea as of now

Originally posted by phinphanbill
Don't be surprised when you see this...

LT - Wade Smith
LG - Mark Dixon
C - Seth McKinney
RG - Billy Yates
LT - Todd Wade

i think people forget that Mark Dixon is a natural LG and in fact, was considered a Pro Bowl LG before he was forced to start at LT two seasons ago.

With a whole year off and assurance that he'll be the starting LG, i think he can come back strong and help anchor this line...

plus we got other holes at the OL, with Nails / Wade UFA and Ruddy / Perry as possibly retirees or cap casualties, the right side of our line may need to be completely revamped.

dont get me wrong, id love to pick up 4 (maybe even 5 right?) brand new, bad azz starting OL, but if dixon could step up and fill that LG spot, it gives us some cushion and is alot more realistic...

i would not be at all disappointed if dixon could come back and give us some strong games at LG for the league min, but we still need a good backup plan. Really hope we make a good run at villarial or jeno james

I think having dixon back at the minimum is a great insurance policy, granted he can get healthy...which has never been the case... He would provide depth at LT, LG , maybe even RG i dont know.. He could give us a few strong games , maybe even down the stretch...if we make the playoffs that is..

Back
Top Bottom