• Draft pick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Free agent

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

dolfan34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
morlon greenwood will be a free agent this year, do you guys think we should let him go and pick up a better quality outside linebacker, because i havent really seen morlon greenwood doing anything special ever since we drafted him.

Plus, does anyone know which outside linebackers wil be free agents this offseason.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
Eddie Moore had the starting spot last year until the injury I wanna see what hes got.

He never did......

Word going around that he might become starter at some point during the season but the way Morlon play this year,he would never smell the field.

BTW

Morlon Greenwood was the most improve player this year.if anything I would like to see Morlon play weakside linebacker instead of strong side.

I'd like to see Eddie too...but if we can go out and get a quality OLB who can cover a TE or a RB, I'd be happy. Seau & Greenwood were awful in pass coverage and as far as I know, Moore is known as a run stopper, not a cover guy.

Originally posted by MightyMosDurf74
I'd like to see Eddie too...but if we can go out and get a quality OLB who can cover a TE or a RB, I'd be happy. Seau & Greenwood were awful in pass coverage and as far as I know, Moore is known as a run stopper, not a cover guy.

Morlon plays strong side which usually is on running down and he is actually ain't bad at all when he goes out to coverage just look at Jaguars game.

Originally posted by minus

He never did......

Word going around that he might become starter at some point during the season but the way Morlon play this year,he would never smell the field.

BTW

Morlon Greenwood was the most improve player this year.if anything I would like to see Morlon play weakside linebacker instead of strong side.

Actaully go back and look at the starting roster for the preseason games. It was Zach Junior and Eddie. He beat Morlon out fair and square in summer practices.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

Actaully go back and look at the starting roster for the preseason games. It was Zach Junior and Eddie. He beat Morlon out fair and square in summer practices.

huh? Morlon was still starting OLB but Eddie saw extensive amount of playing time but I urge you to look back at this regular and watch how improve Morlon is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep him. He is young and won't cost much.

Besides I want Eddie to play the Mike for us a bit and weak side relieving Thomas and Seau at times. Also he should play the mike when we are trying to protect a lead, being our best coverage LB.

i think morlon is good, but not good enough to start on the miami dolphin defense, i mean can you guys tell me how many interceptions,fumble recoveries or Touchdowns hes had ever since he started, i mean i think sammy knight had more tackles this year than he did, i would just like to see someone take some pressure of of zach sometimes.

The only way you can do that is have Eddie Moore play mike. They have different assignments and Morlon isn't on the field that much. It's not strange to have your SS with more tackles than your SLB that does not get on the field much.

Originally posted by dolfan34
i think morlon is good, but not good enough to start on the miami dolphin defense, i mean can you guys tell me how many interceptions,fumble recoveries or Touchdowns hes had ever since he started, i mean i think sammy knight had more tackles this year than he did, i would just like to see someone take some pressure of of zach sometimes.

Morlon usually plays less than half snaps per game since he is WSLB..

Morlon deserves a starting spot. When he was given a chance to play as much as Zach or Seau, he performed admirably.

yea, i've heard some good things about how Morlon improved this season. I didnt pay that much attention to him when i was watching games, so i dont have much of an opinion on this....but i say we keep him and groom moore to replace Seau.

i like a guy whos last named was pope i saw him at the senoir bowl he looked good and i also like micheal boulware alot. i think them two will be excellent linebackers in the nfl, boulware slips to the third i think we should consider him.

I personally think we should resign Greenwood this year. Then draft a MLB late in the draft. Then let Seau, Thomas, and Greenwood start with Moore getting some playing time and let him be groomed under Seau. Then when Seau retires (which will likely be next year) we could let Moore play ROLB. Then our LB corp. would be Moore/Thomas/Greenwood with a good backup waiting in the wings for Thomas to retire.

Back
Top Bottom