• Eddie Moore

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Draft pick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Free agent

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
Originally posted by minus

Morlon usually plays less than half snaps per game since he is WSLB..

actually, he switched to strong side to accomodate junior's arrival. at sam, he has gap responsibility, so he's not going to make a whole lot of plays because he's funneling everything back to zach. i say bring him back, he has been solid

Originally posted by Phishstix

actually, he switched to strong side to accomodate junior's arrival. at sam, he has gap responsibility, so he's not going to make a whole lot of plays because he's funneling everything back to zach. i say bring him back, he has been solid

Sorry it was a Typo and he always been SAM even before Seau arrival.You're right how he has to do all the dirty work.

HOw can we say Eddie more when we haven't even seen im play?? I voted for him anyways to make it interesting!!

Ian Gold or Dhani Jones would be monster pickups for a pretty good pirce (1-2 mill).

Greenwood had a great year. He's a definite keeper. He looked good all season.

Originally posted by unclemonty
Greenwood had a great year. He's a definite keeper. He looked good all season.

i don't know where that comes from... he had a GOOD year, but wasn't special. i didn't see him making the big tackles. when someone escaped ZT, who was their? not Greenwood.

It's not supposed to be. It's either Knight or Seau that should be there or Marion.

I wouldnt mind having Ian Gold i think he is a great otside linebacker, and greenwood can be a backup or special teamer like tommy hendricks.

Guys we don't have a hell of alot of money to spend. Maybe a mid round pick on a backup MLB to take the beating off of Thomas.

Keep Greenwood, young, and won't cost much.

That's right, we won't be spending any money on the free agent market to upgrade at LB, there are far more pressing needs. I look for us to retain Morlon for one more year at the miniumum tender. Maybe restructure Junior's contract for a lower cap hit, I think he currently counts for 2.5 mil in '04 as it stands now. Don't forget Corey Jenkins either. By '05, he and Moore could be our OLBs, just don't look for it in '04.
Also, lets hope we can resign Hendricks for his special teams prowess. He is improving as a reserve too. Maybe we draft a LB on the 2nd day somewhere too. A guy like Marquis Cooper of Washington would fit our defense very well. He is somewhat a Donnie Edwards clone, very athletic, undersized, slips blocks well, excellent in coverage, plays inside or outside, only 215 lbs, but could add 10-15 for the NFL. He is the kind of guy we typically draft for LB.

Back
Top Bottom