Olindo has seen his last days as a fin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Olindo has seen his last days as a fin

Winning tends to masks weaknesses. Mare is no longer automatic, I would almost say he is a liability but I don't want to go that far yet.

I agree that Blevins had a good effect on him but Blevins broke the rules and I don't think Wanny like him form the start.

Mare needs to be kicked in the ***. Bring in another kicker in practice, just to get him scared.

He already conceded that he wrong on that.

It seems some people get more joy out of seeing other do wrong, than rooting for their team.

Originally posted by Samphin
Winning tends to masks weaknesses. Mare is no longer automatic, I would almost say he is a liability but I don't want to go that far yet.

I agree that Blevins had a good effect on him but Blevins broke the rules and I don't think Wanny like him form the start.

Mare needs to be kicked in the ***. Bring in another kicker in practice, just to get him scared.

His contract has been guaranteed, we almost can't cut him. He wouldn't be scared.

Mare is not a bad kicker, I agree hes not having a heck of a year, but he is better than most kickers out there, besides we cant expect him to make ALL of them or even win EVERY game all on his own.

Atleast we aren't like the niners with no good kicker. Or be like the Giants.

His kick offs were pretty much all touchbacks, except for one.

:ROFL: Olindo will be here for another few years. He is not as good as he once was but he is still better than 85% of the other Kickers in the NFL. Can we be happy that we won and that he hit the Game Winner?

Mare was 3/4. He hasn't had a good season but he wasn't awful today. He won the freaking game. End of story.

PhinKev, you've got to be kidding me. If there is ever a clutch kick i've come to expect him to miss it. That's not what the highest paid kicker does. He booms them and the ones he misses are less important ones IMO.

Denver last year-big miss (he did the same thing as today due to his teammates picking him up and giving him another shot)
New England-missed big kick, we lose game and no playoffs
Houston-Missed big kick we lose by one
New England-misses two big kicks we lose critical division game.
Today-misses huge kick and we go to overtime and get lucky on a gift fumble.

I'd say he's certainly up there on the problem scale. He was 3/4 yes, but his ONLY job is to make kicks. He should make almost all of them IMO for what he's making. If we want an average kicker he should get paid average money.

End of story.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
PhinKev, you've got to be kidding me. If there is ever a clutch kick i've come to expect him to miss it. That's not what the highest paid kicker does. He booms them and the ones he misses are less important ones IMO.

Denver last year-big miss (he did the same thing as today due to his teammates picking him up and giving him another shot)
New England-missed big kick, we lose game and no playoffs
Houston-Missed big kick we lose by one
New England-misses two big kicks we lose critical division game.
Today-misses huge kick and we go to overtime and get lucky on a gift fumble.

I'd say he's certainly up there on the problem scale. He was 3/4 yes, but his ONLY job is to make kicks. He should make almost all of them IMO for what he's making. If we want an average kicker he should get paid average money.

End of story.

This was my thinking when I made my post. Mare should be the best kicker in the league for what we pay him and he is NOT. He is a good kicker, not great and that is not good enough when you make 2 mil a year.

Well,

I agree that he has had a bad year. I also agree that he is not worth the money we are paying him. I further agree that we lost the New England game because of his miss.

Even with all of that said, I'd still say he is not the big problem with this team. It's the O-line.

Back
Top Bottom