Olindo's Power Play Will Keep Royals On Team.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Olindo's Power Play Will Keep Royals On Team....

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello to ALL.... Yesterday, at GATZBYS (local player hangout down here. near camp).....I attended a charity function...and had the opportunity to ask DOlphin Director of Media Relations man.....HARVEY GREENE a few questions...about some things..and in this post....I just want to talk about this so-called punting controversey..

The first question I did ask....was this. Just who is officially the DOlphins backup holder? And the answer is none other than an obvious one....its BRIAN GRIESE...as he looked at me...like I should have known that one.....but quite frankly...I had no idea...so at least now everyone else around here knows also...

Then....he goes on saying that ROYALS will be fine...that he is going to be the holder once again...because "he is OLINDO's guy"...and goes one to say that really.....the only way that STEMKE makes this team... no matter if he out-punts--ROYALS, legitimately....the only way he makes the team is if ROYALS injury remains chronic....inhibiting him to kick.

Like I said earlier....ED PERRY's injury...if you ask Olindo himself...he would call it a catastrophic event for himself, personally. Olindo stated yesterday that its going to take the rest of this pre-season to get into sync and rhythym with MCDERMOTT. Now...you are going to try and convince OLINDO that he needs to start adjusting to (GRIESE) as the new holder...so we can make room for STEMKE? Its just not going to happen...if OLINDO has any say about it.

Is there really a controversey? We as fans would like to think that let the best man win this battle here....but this is actually not the case...for political reasons.

Well....if you do see BRIAN GRIESE holding anytime soon...then we will all realize that yes..there may be some hope for STEMKE....but until that happens.... there is not much to this. Only an injured ROYALS not being able to kick....gets STEMKE the job...thats just the way it is..

So if Royals is not able to kick.. Stemke would fill in and Griese would be the holder?? I don't know about that.. Royals wasnt that bad last year..

Politics instead of the best player as always, it did in Baker last year, Sage as the #2 this year, and possibly a better kicker, in Stemke, but I'm not sure if he's better, I only remember one bad kick by Royals last year, unfortunately it did for him, what a dropped pass 2 years ago did for Mcknight. Labeled them. And when Fans label you, it's hard to peel it off, McKnight, McDrops, Pleasssssssssse.

Royals was also injured last year. And he's got a little nic this year. So we'll see. Hopefully there will be a clear cut right answer on this one.

Re: Re: thanks DCH

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Royals will still hold, just can't punt, like last game against Tampa.
how realistic is that :nono:

Re: Re: Re: thanks DCH

Originally posted by dolphan39
how realistic is that :nono:

It's only for the preseason, as DCH says royals will be our punter during the regular season. I don't like the fact we used Royals this way, it gives us absolutely no chance of running a trick play during a FG.

wait a second....whos running the team??? the players or the coaches???? this is bullcrap!!! I understand where Mare is coming from, but WTF, if i were a coach id tell him he better start getting adjusted to another snapper and holder.....it doesnt matter you put the best guy out there regardless......ill be watching the punts this season carefully, and if it comes down to a lost game because of a punt i say off with Wannys head!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Predaphin34
wait a second....whos running the team??? the players or the coaches???? this is bullcrap!!! I understand where Mare is coming from, but WTF, if i were a coach id tell him he better start getting adjusted to another snapper and holder.....it doesnt matter you put the best guy out there regardless......ill be watching the punts this season carefully, and if it comes down to a lost game because of a punt i say off with Wannys head!!!!!!!!!!
Why because Royals screwed up? I understand what you are saying but I don't want a bad snap to cost us the game either.

Looks like another year of Royals crappy punting...

Also looks like by letting Royals continue to hold, the team will be in a pickle if he can't go come regular season.
A cyst behind the knee??... Sounds like his old leg is worn out.
Who was holding the kickoff OM sent out of bounds in OT in game 16??
A player definitely shouldn't be calling the shots... ESPECIALLY a damn kicker!

DCH, you seeing you. But do you think that Olino is THAT good that he can dictate policy to the team? Is Royals THAT good of a punter? NO !! I know you just let us know what some of the buzz is, but the politcs of this team is getting a little bit old. :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kickers don't make many calls, but when it comes to 2 things they do (and should) have a huge say.

1)Their Holder
2)Their Longsnapper

any kicker will tell you how hard it is to get used to a new holder, and the last thing we need going into the season is Mare getting off to a shaky start.

As for kickers having a say, lets not forget just how important they really are. I'll bet you that the patriots are VERY glad that Adam V was comfortable during their Super bowl game (not to mention in the playoffs against Oakland) hell, he should have been voted team MVP, without him, the patsies have no ring, the Rams repeat, we have to put up with St. Louis this and St. Louis that, and life generally sucks.

If Mare can make those plays for us (as he proved he could last year in Denver) then I say we give him the benefit of the doubt regarding who holds for him.

Re: Re: Olindo's Power Play Will Keep Royals On Team....

Originally posted by DeDolfan
DCH, you seeing you. But do you think that Olino is THAT good that he can dictate policy to the team? Is Royals THAT good of a punter? NO !! I know you just let us know what some of the buzz is, but the politcs of this team is getting a little bit old. :tongue:

The Denver game?? Of yes, my point exactly, that was early on in the season and he got USED to Royals by then. why not this year? Royals' inability cost us alot of prime position/s last yr. If he didn't pooch it some much, we may have backed into the playoffs again.

Back
Top Bottom