Olindo's Power Play Will Keep Royals On Team.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Olindo's Power Play Will Keep Royals On Team....

Re: Re: Re: Olindo's Power Play Will Keep Royals On Team....

Originally posted by DeDolfan

The Denver game?? Of yes, my point exactly, that was early on in the season and he got USED to Royals by then. why not this year? Royals' inability cost us alot of prime position/s last yr. If he didn't pooch it some much, we may have backed into the playoffs again.

Where we would have gotten crushed in the first round again.

The problems on that team were a heckuva lot deeper than the punter (admittedly, Royals was a weak point, his average sucked and it wasn't just the one bad kick at the end of the year, it did however put an excimation point on a particularly poor season.)

2002 Mark Royals 40.2 Avg

That said, lets see how SB champion Punters do.

2002 Tom Tupa 42.8 Avg
2001 Lee Johnson 41.4 Avg
2000 Kyle Richardson 40.2 Avg
1999 Mike Horan 40.3 Avg

Theese guys all have rings, and during the season they got them they did about Par with what we saw from Royals last year (except for Tupa, who had a PDG season).

Punting isn't a big concern Super bowl teams don't have to worry about things like that.

Dont disagree with the averages, who knows Stemke might ave 43....And the holder spot for Mare, I have a great solutuion....we have 3-4 weeks until the first game, hear is my suggestion....when they are running 7 on 7's or 11 0n 11's maybe, just maybe, instead of Mare , Royals, and Stemke playing catch with some little fat kid on the sidelines, they can work on this! I mean, during those drills why do kickers and punters not do anything but goof around! It seems like every time I go to camp, its the same situation......WORK ON THE EXCHANGE!!!!

Where's Matt Turk these days? He was solid and could lay the wood.

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
Is there really a controversey? We as fans would like to think that let the best man win this battle here....but this is actually not the case...for political reasons.
[/B]

Political reasons??? Sounds more psychological to me. Seems like the last few years holding is an important part of the punter's duties. If it looks like Royals can't recover then they should switch the holding duties to Rosenfels. Better hands and the potential for surprise plays.

Re: Re: Olindo's Power Play Will Keep Royals On Team....

Originally posted by Merman

Political reasons??? Sounds more psychological to me. Seems like the last few years holding is an important part of the punter's duties. If it looks like Royals can't recover then they should switch the holding duties to Rosenfels. Better hands and the potential for surprise plays.

Rosefels wouldn't be given holder duties, as that would mean he would take up a game-day roster spot which is limited. By NFL rules the 3rd (or emergency quarterback) is given sort of an active roster spot exemption... but if he comes into the game, you cannot switch back to your #1 or #2 QB. So, in order for him to hold, he would have to take up a roster spot from one of the other normal actives.

Originally posted by Den54
Where's Matt Turk these days? He was solid and could lay the wood.

Turk was being a bitch and asking for a ton of money (much more then any team would wanna pay an only solid punter) so hes with the jets now i think.

Re: Re: Re: Olindo's Power Play Will Keep Royals On Team....

Originally posted by grooves12

Rosefels wouldn't be given holder duties, as that would mean he would take up a game-day roster spot which is limited. By NFL rules the 3rd (or emergency quarterback) is given sort of an active roster spot exemption... but if he comes into the game, you cannot switch back to your #1 or #2 QB. So, in order for him to hold, he would have to take up a roster spot from one of the other normal actives.

Can't argue with your logic but Mare does deserve a consistent holder and I think someone who is a threat to throw a pass.
Yes Rosenfels' contract is up this year but he is probably going to be the #2 QB next year no matter who the head coach is.

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814

Turk was being a bitch and asking for a ton of money (much more then any team would wanna pay an only solid punter) so hes with the jets now i think.

Are you sure he's still with the Jets?
I don't remember him asking for an unreasonable amount of jack before he left. I liked him. I think you might be mistaken about the bitch and ton of money remarks.

Id hate to go into the season with 2 Punters.....but just to keep Royals from punitng itd make me happy!

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
Hello to ALL.... Yesterday, at GATZBYS (local player hangout down here. near camp).....I attended a charity function...and had the opportunity to ask DOlphin Director of Media Relations man.....HARVEY GREENE a few questions...about some things..and in this post....I just want to talk about this so-called punting controversey..

The first question I did ask....was this. Just who is officially the DOlphins backup holder? And the answer is none other than an obvious one....its BRIAN GRIESE...as he looked at me...like I should have known that one.....but quite frankly...I had no idea...so at least now everyone else around here knows also...

Then....he goes on saying that ROYALS will be fine...that he is going to be the holder once again...because "he is OLINDO's guy"...and goes one to say that really.....the only way that STEMKE makes this team... no matter if he out-punts--ROYALS, legitimately....the only way he makes the team is if ROYALS injury remains chronic....inhibiting him to kick.

Like I said earlier....ED PERRY's injury...if you ask Olindo himself...he would call it a catastrophic event for himself, personally. Olindo stated yesterday that its going to take the rest of this pre-season to get into sync and rhythym with MCDERMOTT. Now...you are going to try and convince OLINDO that he needs to start adjusting to (GRIESE) as the new holder...so we can make room for STEMKE? Its just not going to happen...if OLINDO has any say about it.

Is there really a controversey? We as fans would like to think that let the best man win this battle here....but this is actually not the case...for political reasons.

Well....if you do see BRIAN GRIESE holding anytime soon...then we will all realize that yes..there may be some hope for STEMKE....but until that happens.... there is not much to this. Only an injured ROYALS not being able to kick....gets STEMKE the job...thats just the way it is..

Sorry, that dog don't hunt...

A kicker isn't gonna be making personnel decisions...

If a guy came in and booted every punt 70 yards, Olindo would be getting holds from whoever they tell him is holding, end of story...

Turk was released from the Jets, if you want him, you can have him...

All i know is that Royals is a big part of the meltdown in NE. That should be enough for a coach to consider him losing his job. another is he has a bothersome cyst. If stemke shows tonight what he did last week, there should be some seerious consideration that stemke can win the job. i dont care what mare says, first off, he makes too much money, and second, he doesnt run the team. Rosenfels/griese can handle the holding.

Originally posted by Dolphins12thMan
Dont disagree with the averages, who knows Stemke might ave 43....And the holder spot for Mare, I have a great solutuion....we have 3-4 weeks until the first game, hear is my suggestion....when they are running 7 on 7's or 11 0n 11's maybe, just maybe, instead of Mare , Royals, and Stemke playing catch with some little fat kid on the sidelines, they can work on this! I mean, during those drills why do kickers and punters not do anything but goof around! It seems like every time I go to camp, its the same situation......WORK ON THE EXCHANGE!!!!

Gee, i wonder why nobody else thought of that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

While the rest of the team is running drills, etc., they should be practicing FGs and such on the other field.

Mare has a huge head. This is wear Wanny needs to step up and be a head coach. JJ and King Don would of never put up with this kind of talk from a Kicker.

Holding is very important, but if a player is the reason why one guy goes and another stays then we have a serious problem. The coaches, not Olindo Mare, should decide which punter we keep.

Back
Top Bottom