Olivier Vernon fined for low hit on Mariota. Dirty play or accident? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Olivier Vernon fined for low hit on Mariota. Dirty play or accident?

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
Olivier Vernon says he’s been fined for hit on Mariota.

Vernon said Wednesday that he has been fined by the league for the hit and that he plans to appeal the fine.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ernon-says-hes-been-fined-for-hit-on-mariota/

OV definitely came in a bit low. But it appears that OV's left arm was snagged by the o-lineman, which may have lowered his trajectory. He wasn't shooting in unencumbered.

mariotaknee0-1.gif

Is the fine justified?

Lewan threw OV at Mariota's leg. :idk: Dick Butkus must be saying, "You gotta be ****ting me," over this. In about ten years you will no longer be able to tackle the QB without a huge penalty and fine. It is no longer football.

Wow....OV & 77 clearly were pushing each other.
OV didn't try to get Mariotta.

It's telling how much press this is getting

compared to whenever Clay Matthews Jr, or Terrel Suggs do the exact same thing

only Suggs & Clay are obviously doing it on purpose.

The press expect the Dolphins to be a negative story, so they will work that angle on ALL Dolphins related incidents

Why are people so surprised this is receiving attention? Your new coach literally said, "We'll walk the line between dirty and not dirty." The team suddenly came out and turned from kittens into wolverines. This is a team that already has Suh on it.

I personally don't think the hit was malicious in the slightest. But let's not be surprised at the attention...media gonna media and they were given plenty of fodder in this case.

It's telling how much press this is getting

compared to whenever Clay Matthews Jr, or Terrel Suggs do the exact same thing

only Suggs & Clay are obviously doing it on purpose.

The press expect the Dolphins to be a negative story, so they will work that angle on ALL Dolphins related incidents

While Ive come around and now feel that hit was NOT dirty but him being pulled, I really think you're grasping at straws about the media trying to hurt Miami with negative stories

they've been negative because we've been making stupid decisions. And ignoring it, for the most part.

Clay does this stuff all the time

it is a story for TWO days MAX.

Today is Wed and they are still writing about this...

Suggs basically said he was coached to go at a QB's knees if they tried to run read option plays.

It was a non-story after 1-2 days.

who cares.... he's not a dirty player. these things happen.
pay the fine and go kick the snot out of the texans

How about we just give the QB flags and the defense just has to snag that instead?

This way, there will be no tackling the quarterbacks at all.

Hell, wasn't our first game chock full of low hits aimed at Suh's knees? I know he is not a precious quarterback, but how are his knees any less valuable?

Ross should put Whizzenators face on the back of every urinal in the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom