Olivier Vernon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Olivier Vernon

LOVE THE PICK!!!! So much potential. Just scratching the surface. Cannot say enough about this guy.

Yeah I'm warming up to it. Just posted in the draft forum that Todd McShay stated how he thought Vernon would go in the second round and Miami made a great pick. Hope he's right.

Great potential.....a bit of a reach though in terms of grading this year. Strong kid, plays strong/tough. Pretty good against the run for his size, nice getoff on snap, lacks elite pass rush skills or great burst, needs refinement. Needs to work harder in the offseason and become more dedicated. At Miami he was constantly challenged to step up, falling off first team in off-season depth charts. Needs to become a professional.

This is the perfect example of picking for need and not BPA. I'm ok with the pick but not elated....not with Sanu, Boykin and others still on the board.

Combine Stats:

20 yd shuttle: 4.5 secs, 40 yrd dash: 4.78 secs, bench: 31 reps, broad: 122”, vert: 34.5”

Mike Mayocks take: "Out of all the underclassmen that came out this year, and I didn't think many should have, Vernon is one that I banged the table for. He's a solid 4-3 defensive end who can get edge pressure on the quarterback"....And Mike Mayock is one anaylist that I actually respect. Great Pick!

[video=youtube;Tbzih_LQ8kk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbzih_LQ8kk[/video]

Crap pick from crap school

Yeap. That's why we're constantly sending dudes to the league year after year after year.

Crap school.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

He was one of the worst offenders in the Shapiro scandal.

Took a whole $1200.

The info NFL.com gives about him seems promising. Says he would be an OLB in the 3-4. I wonder if we'll move him around a lot. Is he a speed rusher?

Back
Top Bottom