Omar Kelly's Grades Spot On | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Kelly's Grades Spot On

I didn't think signing Julius Thomas could possibly be a negative acquisition because what did we have to lose.....I was wrong. Bad things happened in abundance when we forced the ball into him.

There are some quality TE prospects in the second and third round this year and it's time to find one.

RB - You really have two judge it as two separate parts. Ajayi vs. Drake. Drake himself should be getting a B+. What Ajayi did or didn't do really doesn't matter.

I would give the TE's and LB's both big fat F's. I am not in the mood to hand out any D+'s. Even with Jay Cutler at the helm, they could've went 9-7 if those two unit's weren't so putrid.

Our LB's can't cover a TE but who can blame them having never practiced against one with any real talent and athletic ability.
So true

I know a lot of fans don't care for Omar Kelly, but I thought his unit-by-unit grade for Miami was spot on.

In some ways, I think he was a little generous. As an example, he gave the quarterback grade a C-. I might have gone D there. Cutler had a fantastic game against New England and a few others that were really good including Oakland, a game Miami should have won. But overall, I thought he was easily a bottom 10 quarterback in the league. Moore had one very good game against the Jets in leading the team to a comeback win.

Here are his grades:

QB -- C-
RB -- C-
TE --- D (says Thomas too slow, didn't make a difference)
WR -- C (Parker injury hurt)
OL -- C- (Got better as year progressed)
DL -- C- (Started real strong)
LB -- D-
Secondary C
ST -- B
Coaching - D
The C- at RB is likely a function of our yards per game on the ground and 2 TDs from the unit. Perhaps more of an indictment on the play calling, situations, etc but bottom line production was so bad even the Marino-era offenses ran it better. And that’s sad. Drake looks like the real deal. We have to cut the **** w the penalties so we can keep running the football in our game plan.

Yeah pretty sure it's against TOS to not post a link with the info you're copying from another site.

Although even with a link available, I wouldn't click it because Omar is less tolerable than a face full of cow ****

He could have given the whole damn team an F except for the place kicker and not been far off.

Did the OP really title this thread as "Spot on?" Yikes!

Did the OP really title this thread as "Spot on?" Yikes!
Good evening brother. I appreciate that he felt that way and posted it. We may not agree and that's why we are here to discuss it. He is very good member of the family as you are also. Have a great weekend!

That’s around a C average. Since that was me in high school, I would argue that 6-10 should be more of a D+ average.

Definitely reflects a very average team. That said, I am hopeful moving forward.

Look what a difference Jimmy G made for the 49ers. I think they went 6-1 down the stretch. That's what good quarterback play can mean to a team. Certainly opens the question of how good is Tannehill, something that's been heavily debated here.

There's a stat in baseball called Wins Above Replacement (WAR). I think Tannehill might be a worth two extra wins, but that is a guess. Maybe Brady/Rogers those types are worth 5-6.

Wow. We paid like $30MILLION for C- QB play and almost that much for C- DL play!

Gotta get me a job where I can be comfortably below average and make big bucks!

Wow. We paid like $30MILLION for C- QB play and almost that much for C- DL play!

Gotta get me a job where I can be comfortably below average and make big bucks!

First, that is a grade as a unit. Second, that grade fluctuated over 16 games. Last 4-5 games I'd say solid B with talent to give optimism

I know a lot of fans don't care for Omar Kelly, but I thought his unit-by-unit grade for Miami was spot on.

In some ways, I think he was a little generous. As an example, he gave the quarterback grade a C-. I might have gone D there. Cutler had a fantastic game against New England and a few others that were really good including Oakland, a game Miami should have won. But overall, I thought he was easily a bottom 10 quarterback in the league. Moore had one very good game against the Jets in leading the team to a comeback win.

Here are his grades:

QB -- C-
RB -- C-
TE --- D (says Thomas too slow, didn't make a difference)
WR -- C (Parker injury hurt)
OL -- C- (Got better as year progressed)
DL -- C- (Started real strong)
LB -- D-
Secondary C
ST -- B
Coaching - D

I agree with all except QB was an F, and coaching was an F. We had the 28 ranked passer rating as a team, so no further proof needed. As far as the coaching one way to prove it’s an F is to look at the passing stats. Our passing rating was 5th worst in the NFL, but we passed the ball 4th most in the NFL. This stubbornness killed us all year. Good coaches adapt to highlight strengths, and hide weakness, yet we had the 4th most pass attemps with Jay Cutler as our QB. Further proof it was an F is we were 2nd worst in penalties, and 3rd worst in +/-.

Definitely reflects a very average team. That said, I am hopeful moving forward.

Look what a difference Jimmy G made for the 49ers. I think they went 6-1 down the stretch. That's what good quarterback play can mean to a team. Certainly opens the question of how good is Tannehill, something that's been heavily debated here.

There's a stat in baseball called Wins Above Replacement (WAR). I think Tannehill might be a worth two extra wins, but that is a guess. Maybe Brady/Rogers those types are worth 5-6.

Miami wasn’t average this year. 6-10 is below average.

SF was 5-0 with JG. He didn’t play lights out and they didn’t play a ton of great teams but they won anyway.

Miami wasn’t average this year. 6-10 is below average.

SF was 5-0 with JG. He didn’t play lights out and they didn’t play a ton of great teams but they won anyway.

Agree, Miami was a tad below average. Tough schedule and Cutler instead of Tannehill played a part obviously.

Back
Top Bottom