OMG Chris Chambers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OMG Chris Chambers

Chris will have a bust out year.
Linnehan + Houck + Saban + Experience for Feeley + R.Brown........
you get where I am goign with this. Our offense is on the rise. which means so is Mr. Chambers.

Chambers is an inconsistent route runner... it has been his flaw since he came to Miami as a rookie.

Ronnie Brown will provide assistance... if not.. we'll all be complaining that Braylon Ewards would have provided us with a sure go-to receiver. No one knows.. and it's worth the discussion, just as it has been over the last few months.

Barbarian said:
Just so I'm certain that I'm understanding this correctly...

Joe Horn, Issac Bruce, Hines Ward, and Tory Holt are not, in your mind, true #1 recievers?

Seriously?

Joe Horn? No way.

Isaac Bruce? Not anymore.

Hines Ward? Meh. He's a good #1 receiver, but he is not great, overrated at best.

Tory Holt? I'd have to agree with you there, although I still would not put him in the same class as TO, Moss or Harrison.

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
One play out of how many? I guess you miss the opening play of the Ravens game, when Chris bombed them for 70 plus yards..
What did he do the rest of that game? Oh, but he finished with 899 yards receiving on the year!
I like CC as much as the next guy, and maybe with Linehan as OC, and Feeley or Gus (don`t care which one it is) getting him the ball on a consistent basis, the guy will have a bust out year (he needs it). But don`t kid yourself, he ain`t in the class of TO, Moss, Harrison, Holt, or any of the other elite wideouts. In my opinion, he hasn`t been the same since getting hurt in the Sunday night win in Denver.

Bad Lieutenant said:
Joe Horn? No way.

Hines Ward? Meh. He's a good #1 receiver, but he is not great, overrated at best.

Tory Holt? I'd have to agree with you there, although I still would not put him in the same class as TO, Moss or Harrison.

Chad Johnson?

Chambers is stronger than Moss and alot of other WRs
He makes the best one handed catches
Best vertical in NFL
Is extremly tough over the middle
Is a great deep threat

MDFINFAN said:
With all that's said, did you guys forget that our QB's didn't get the time to get the ball deep...a little something we're working on with the OL, how to pick up blitzes, and opening running holes so our backs can get through, so maybe other teams respect our run, so some pressure maybe taken off our QB..If we get those worked out, maybe chambers get a chance to get some down field balls..but chris has to help that out too, with his abilities, he missed a lot of jump balls when he had the chance...he''s got to learn to win those types of battles.

I'm a big fan of CC as well, but he is not the polished reciever yet that you make him out to be. He still has to time out routes to go get the ball at the highest point. He still has to learn to catch deep balls with his hands and not always try and catch them with his body. He can be a great run blocker, but right now he takes plays off. I think with the right coaching he CAN be a top 5-7 reciever in the league, but right now I would not put him there. I do like his attitude and he really seems to be a team player. I would hate to lose him. I just think sometimes Fins rate him on potential instead of what he really is at this point in his career. JMO.

IMO he is going to thrive in Linehan's offense and its about time.

Bad Lieutenant said:
I love Chambers. His rookie year he made some of the best TDs I have ever seen from a Miami receiver. That game up in Buffalo was sick that year. But truth be told, he is only a #2 receiver at best. There are only a few true #1 receivers in the NFL: Moss, T.O. and Marvin Harrison. Chambers is a GREAT #2 guy, but only a good #1 guy. He is not an elite receiver in my opinion. He has a tendency to run lazy routes, and give up on plays. I love the guy, but let's come back to Earth a little here.
I've been asking for a definition of a #1 reciever vs. a #2. I've heard of teams having two #1's - 1A and 1B. So what did we have last year two #2's?

You have to say, based on his performances since is rookie year, he has not lived up to his potential. But I would argue that it is the fault of Wanny, Turner, Sullivan, Foerster (or whoever was the OC last year)...They're philosophy has been to pass only as an afterthougth or when absolutely necessary. This doesn't allow the recievers to be successful. Seems that whenever CC had a chance to make a reception, he was double covered because we HAD to pass on that down... or the route didn't allow the QB time to pass (particularly last year). Let's see whether Linehan's scheme and HH's tutoring of the OL and Saban's direction can make a difference for Chambers and McMike. In this league the talent is so close now from team to team, that schemes make a significant difference. Assuming that Linehan will fashion our O around the things he has been successful at, I expect to see a difference in Chambers and McMike's numbers. Perhaps he can be come the #1 receiver we all think he can be. He has the skills, experience, and athleticism to be that go-to guy in the offense. Hopefully now he'll have the coaching and scheme to allow him to fulfill that potential.

Bad Lieutenant said:
Joe Horn? No way.

The same Horn that has averaged 1258 Yards, 88 Receptions,and 9 TD's per season over the past 5 years... not a legit #1 reciever?

Your really fricken serious? :lol:

Not anymore? :eek: He just came off his best season over the past 4 years. He's another guys thats a lock for about 1200 yards and considering the insane number of targets in St Louis, his numbers are incredable.

Ward is overated? :roflmao: If anything the guy is underrated, he is quite simply the best blocking WR in the league, as well as being a team leader and has fewer drops than nearly any other reciever in the league.

Of course not, TO, Moss, and Harrison are easily the best WR's in the league, but just because theese other guys arent at that level doesn't mean they arent true #1 recievers.

Saying that would be just as asanine as saying that just because Donovin McNabb, Tom Brady, Daunte Culpepper, and Matt Hasslebeck are not as good as Dan Marino and Joe Montana then they aren't true starting QB's.

chambers production is going to explode with the new offense. His rookie season he averaged almost 15 yards a catch and that was with fielder and a bad offense. Chambers is going to be what randy moss was in this system when it was with the vikings.

CChambers7284 said:
Probaly the big wasted talent in football right now

I was looking at a rookie card w/ all the combine stats

he ran a 4.3 40 yrd. dash
he has a 46.5 vertical jump

Many people forgot he weighs near 215 but is only 5'10-5'11 so he has to be the most built WR too.

Ever since he came into the league Fiedler started to suck and our Passing Game was a joke.

Not to mention he caught 11 Tds in 2003 when our QBs combined for 15.
You put that in contrast w/ adecent amount of tds (25) and chambers would have had around 19 Tds which is unbelievable.

I love Chambers but I think he shouldnt of signed a long term deal w/ Miami.

He will be a majorwatse of talent but not his fault.

Let me get this straight...are you a Fins Fan or just a C. Chambers fan? C'mon you think he should not have signed with the Fins...we gave him some nice $$$ plus he gets to play in Miami. Yes, I do agree that he has not been used properly but I think Chambers will florish in Linehan's system...he will be Linehan's biggest fan...just watch this season.

Oh and FYI...You are not the biggest Fins Fan in CT...I am :lol:

Go Fins!!!

Bad Lieutenant said:
I love Chambers. His rookie year he made some of the best TDs I have ever seen from a Miami receiver. That game up in Buffalo was sick that year. But truth be told, he is only a #2 receiver at best. There are only a few true #1 receivers in the NFL: Moss, T.O. and Marvin Harrison. Chambers is a GREAT #2 guy, but only a good #1 guy. He is not an elite receiver in my opinion. He has a tendency to run lazy routes, and give up on plays. I love the guy, but let's come back to Earth a little here.

Totally agree.

Oh and someone please confirm that he ran a 4.3 in the 40!!!

Go Fins!!!

Back
Top Bottom