OMG Chris Chambers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OMG Chris Chambers

Bad Lieutenant said:
Joe Horn? No way.

Isaac Bruce? Not anymore.

Hines Ward? Meh. He's a good #1 receiver, but he is not great, overrated at best.

Tory Holt? I'd have to agree with you there, although I still would not put him in the same class as TO, Moss or Harrison.

Dude, you are wrong about Ward. He is elite.

I would certainly place Chambers in the "unfulfilled expectations" category.... he is not yet the complete package of a true number 1 guy.... does he have all the potential... yes.... The postion is so reliant on team.... the coach has to call his number....the line has to block... the RB has to pick up the blitz....the QB has to read the D... the QB has to make the throw... all these things are out of Chambers control.... so he has been getting a kitchen pass.....

The things Chambers can control he has underachieved..... he can play very soft at times.... he does not demand the ball... he takes plays off... he is too comfortable, especially since the new contract.... he places blame on others and does little to take a lead role.... he makes the spectacular catch in space and short arms the difficult catch in traffic..... he has a lot of work to do.... the physical is there... the mental is missing....

I hope for the sake of the Dolphins he has the year everyone "wants" him to have... if all the other pieces fall into place and he under-achieves again....there will be little in terms of excuses...

thedayafter said:
I would certainly place Chambers in the "unfulfilled expectations" category.... he is not yet the complete package of a true number 1 guy.... does he have all the potential... yes.... The postion is so reliant on team.... the coach has to call his number....the line has to block... the RB has to pick up the blitz....the QB has to read the D... the QB has to make the throw... all these things are out of Chambers control.... so he has been getting a kitchen pass.....

The things Chambers can control he has underachieved..... he can play very soft at times.... he does not demand the ball... he takes plays off... he is too comfortable, especially since the new contract.... he places blame on others and does little to take a lead role.... he makes the spectacular catch in space and short arms the difficult catch in traffic..... he has a lot of work to do.... the physical is there... the mental is missing....

I hope for the sake of the Dolphins he has the year everyone "wants" him to have... if all the other pieces fall into place and he under-achieves again....there will be little in terms of excuses...

Good points

The thing is, his rookie year, he played the slot I believe, which I think best suits his talents as a receiver. I can't remember his exact stats that year regarding yardage, but it was around 750, and that was without starting. Since he has been a starter, his stats yardage wise have not gotten appreciably better. And aside from his 11 TD season in 2003, his TD total has not been that much better either.

I understand the QB situation and all that, but the guy was a better receiver when he was in the slot, because usually he was being covered by the opposing team's third CB.

while Chambers "Appears" to be a GREAT reciever at times he also has his shortcomings........He has that the bulk, and the rediculously high verticle, but the knock on him has always been that he doesn't fight for the ball. I still think he's a great WR too, but we'll find out this year, if he doesn't get it done under Linehan's system there'll be nobody to blame but himself

Chris chambers is a good reciever. Even if he has a breakout year I'm not sure he will ever reach elite. As far as miami is concerened he's the best we got and does play hard. He hasn't done 1k yard season yet and I really want to see that before he even has remote chance to be considered great. With great players that are getting 1k from there second year on, its disapointing to see chambers struggle (granted who was throwing him the ball was a big part of the problem)

CChambers7284 said:
Probaly the big wasted talent in football right now

I was looking at a rookie card w/ all the combine stats

he ran a 4.3 40 yrd. dash
he has a 46.5 vertical jump

Many people forgot he weighs near 215 but is only 5'10-5'11 so he has to be the most built WR too.

Ever since he came into the league Fiedler started to suck and our Passing Game was a joke.

Not to mention he caught 11 Tds in 2003 when our QBs combined for 15.
You put that in contrast w/ adecent amount of tds (25) and chambers would have had around 19 Tds which is unbelievable.

I love Chambers but I think he shouldnt of signed a long term deal w/ Miami.

He will be a majorwatse of talent but not his fault.

You also forgot one more stat about Chambers. It's a stat that Saban covets. Chris Chambers has the longest arms in his draft class. He may be only 5ft. 11in. tall, but with his 46.5 inch vert. and his long arms, it allows him to play the game like a tall receiver. :cooldude:

i personally think that because of horrible offensive lines and mediocre (sp?) QB we have been unable to really see what Chambers is capable of. He does have some things he needs to work on just as 70% of this team does!! I honestly believe that in the last few years these guys knew they werent going to go anywhere so they didnt try as hard. THat makes me mad considering i pay so much for season tickets but i do think it is the truth. Im not saying that is all going to change but i dont think we can truely see what Chambers is made of until we have balls thrown to him on a more consistent pattern.

Back
Top Bottom