Omg... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Yes, I do think that the Dolphins will move Woody to center based on the fact that he is a pro-bowl center, he is going to be highly paid (too high, for a guard), and mckinney struggled with the linecalls at center last year and would be better suited to play guard.

On jeno James.....i read a Kevin Donnaley quote about him saying something like, ...I'm paraphrasing....carolina had a pet play that they liked to use alot and it involved, James pulling and "blowing up" anybody who he got his hands on....it earned him the nickname "Fury"......if he's as good a pass blocker as you say, and kevin knows what he's talking about, I'd say that he would be an EXCELLENT pick up. :D

Re: James is more of an inside run blocker...

Originally posted by RHoffman James is more of an inside run blocker.

sorry but true.

Hey, don't be sorry. I'd love nothing more than for him to be a road grader. Perhaps I'm just getting my players mixed up. :)

smith woody seth james tait all we need to do is draft aQB Rivers and dump jay:cool:

Pretty sure James is a converted RT whose strong point is being a mauling run blocker.

There's definite disagreement on Jeno James' strengths and weaknesses. Below is the Scouts Inc report on Jeno James.

James, a sixth-round draft pick by the Panthers in 2000, plays with a mean streak and gets pop at the point of attack. He has good upper-body strength and uses his hands well. Has good initial quickness, takes good angles and generally gets good position. Plays with a non-stop motor and works hard to finish his blocks. Has adequate short-area mobility, stays balanced and can redirect in pass protection. Has a quick pass set. Generally prevents penetration. A college tackle, he is a much better fit at guard despite lacking prototypical lower-body strength. Must play with sound technique. Won't overwhelm at the point of attack, comes out of his stance too high at times, and has problems getting movement in short-yardage situations. Has only adequate size. Won't wear down defenders. Lacks range and isn't fast enough to pull around the corner. Seems lost in space at times, and has problems adjusting to the moving target at the second level. Doesn't always get good knee bend in pass protection. Bull rushers can push him back. James never stops working as a run blocker and has good footwork in pass protection, though he will need to be protected at times.

It seems unclear if you can pidgeon-hole him as a road grater or a pass protector. He has strengths and weaknesses in both areas.

BTW I think Wade Smith would make a good guard if we decided to get ourselves a bonafied LT.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
I'll just be happy with James and Woody. Seth will be a good center, Smith will progress at LT, and we will find a good RT.

I agree,,,,Woody, then James......if one falls through then SF's Stone

Back
Top Bottom