On ESPN's NFL 2day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On ESPN's NFL 2day

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Brian Cox mentioned that if Nick Saban decides to put his hat in the NFL mix "Miami would be a highly coveted job." The fact that Miami gives their head coach complete controll of the team would be a uge factor for a guy like Saban. Something that he didn't say, but you have to think about Saban is he is a defensive mind, wouldn't you love to step in to a team that already has 1 of the best D's in place.

Then Mel Kiper brought up a couple of JRs that look as though they will come out who I think Miami would have to seriously think about going after:
1. Shane Andrews OT Akansaw- huge LT 6'7'' 300+ monster. He would seriously put a huge peice of duct tape over our biggest hole.
2. Ben Roth...(wont even try) QB Miami of Ohio. A 6'5'' QB prospect with a rocket arm. Started 2 years and has come up big winning the MACC conference in a much improved MACC. For the first time I think ever 3 teams from the division were ranked in the top 25 this season.

Rothlesburger is gonna be as highly coveted at manning. a lot of experts say Rothlesburger will go BEFORE manning. so we have no shot at him unless we trade up (both guys).

i don't want Saban... he's a college coach, and other then stoops i don't want one. i would prefer people who've been in the NFL for years.

Cox also said that the greatest QB he ever saw play was Elway, not Marino.

"Cox also said that the greatest QB he ever saw play was Elway, not Marino."

sounds like sour grapes from BC (nothing out of the ordinary). in my opinion he would take any chance to get a swipe at the Dolphins organization or anyone that was a part of it.

He also said that Dave is agreat coach........and that every player that plays for him tells him so.

Originally posted by Dolphin Dan
That is BS Elway can't hold a candle to Marino.....

Got that right. He didn't get a ring either unitl he got TD and a bunch of other help. By the way, who is the coach we are referring to and where does he coach now. Not familiar with that name. Perhaps its just out of context.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
Rothlesburger is gonna be as highly coveted at manning. a lot of experts say Rothlesburger will go BEFORE manning. so we have no shot at him unless we trade up (both guys).

i don't want Saban... he's a college coach, and other then stoops i don't want one. i would prefer people who've been in the NFL for years.

Yeah becuase that has worked out just swell for us. With JJ, Dave, Chan, and Norv we have just wiped out the opponets. Oh thats right we have had been a downward spiral every year since Dave has taken over, ad didn't get anywhere with JJ.

What ever you think of Cox he has a point about Dolphin coaches having complete controll. Shula, JJ, and Dave had complete controll over all football descions. That is a fact, and of course that would have a huge impact on us hiring a coach when Dave gets the axe.

If you look at the horrible teams in the NFL, Arizona, Oakland, and the Giants are the only teams that have a need for a QB thathasn't drafted a franchise QB in the last 2 years. Those teams also could draft any postion since they have so many holes. The chargers were left off that list for a reason. We could very easily end up 8-8 witch wouldn't make it very hard to move up to top 10 pick if we really liked one guy. Another thought those 2 players add depth to the draft, so if we can't get one of those guys it may free up a talented Sr at either postion that wouldn't have been available.

Completely

Originally posted by CarolinaFishFan
"Cox also said that the greatest QB he ever saw play was Elway, not Marino."

sounds like sour grapes from BC (nothing out of the ordinary). in my opinion he would take any chance to get a swipe at the Dolphins organization or anyone that was a part of it.

agree Carolina. I met Bryan Cox when he played for the Dolphins and his personality was as nasty as could be. Wouldn't even sign an autograph. Acted like he wanted to bit me. I lost all respect for him that day and couldn't wait till him and his big mouth were gone.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

Saban was the defensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns from 1991-1994. He has NFL experience and IMO would make a great NFL coach. Favors an uptempo offense and always has a great defense! Sounds pretty goood to me.

It makes me a little angry that a Bills' fan is the only one that added any insight on the actuall subject that was being discussed. With the exception of who ever posted about Ben being a highly sought after prospect. No one cares if Cox didn't wipe your tears after a Dolphins lost. His point was a fact. If it is Saban that we go after or someone else the job would be very attractive to any coach we might like. Full controll, and about 35 total probowls from players that will be back next year.

Excuse me. First of all, we all are free to discuss any football topic here as long as it's not smack (and sometimes we convert to that too).

However, I thought I would bring up an interesting anecdote regarding a former Dolphins player, in whatever thread I happened to be perusing at the time. Since he was mentioned, I threw the fact in that he was at a public meet and greet, designed for the specific purpose of meeting his and their "fans" and was mean, rude, and nasty. It was pre-season and he was not drying my tears. Now get off your high horse.

Sorry mods...

Originally posted by Dajesus
It makes me a little angry that a Bills' fan is the only one that added any insight on the actuall subject that was being discussed. With the exception of who ever posted about Ben being a highly sought after prospect. No one cares if Cox didn't wipe your tears after a Dolphins lost. His point was a fact. If it is Saban that we go after or someone else the job would be very attractive to any coach we might like. Full controll, and about 35 total probowls from players that will be back next year.

...not a personal attack, but he/she started it.

njfinfan

Back
Top Bottom