On ESPN's NFL 2day | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On ESPN's NFL 2day

Saban family name was a big part of Buffalo, if the Bills finally can Williams/Gilbride maybe they would get him.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
MAC is spelled with one C...

my football insight. ;)

Thats typical someone puts a good point on here and someone has to spell check it instead of appreciating it, did I spell that right ^

Originally posted by Dolphin Dan
That is BS Elway can't hold a candle to Marino.....

Come on now....

I love Marino and truly beleive he is the greatest ever to play the position BUT the debate is a valid one as both guys were 2 of the greatest ever. I don't personally think Elway was better but it's close and he CAN "hold a candle" to Marino.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
Rothlesburger is gonna be as highly coveted at manning. a lot of experts say Rothlesburger will go BEFORE manning. so we have no shot at him unless we trade up (both guys).

i don't want Saban... he's a college coach, and other then stoops i don't want one. i would prefer people who've been in the NFL for years.

Saban has been in the NFL.
While I understand the hesitancy some have about bringing in a college coach and agree to SOME extent I also have to point out another side. Some coaches that have been in the NFL as assistants for years don't work out either.

I think the risk might very well be equal in taking an assistant level NFL coach and a college head coach for a head NFL job.

Either one could flop. You have to go by the individual, their leadership style, the talent they had to work with and the results they attained with that talent.

If you have a head coach that is laden with a talent rich roster every year, he might not be able to deal with the "parity" of the NFL. See the idiot coach Barry Switzer from OU that took over the Cowboys........ That guy was a character right out of the Looney Toones cartoons although he did manage to win a super bowl with a stacked roster before destroying the team!

If a coach has shown he can win with lesser or equal talent and build a team up then why not take a hard look at him?

Saban took a team that had really fallen off the radar and taken a turn for the worse in the SEC. They were losing recruits and getting worse by the year.

It seems he's turned everything around there and from what I've read he immediately upgraded LSU's play with less talent than rivals that they were playing. That to me says alot. If someone gets a team winning with lesser talent it's a sign of good coaching.

I don't know alot about Saban other than what I've read. I haven't followed LSU football until this issue came up.
From what I've read on him though I sure would'nt count him out just because he is a college coach now.

Originally posted by RICKHURD
Cox can hardly speak English. The guy knows D!ck!

but he's great at sign language....ask the buffalo fans.:D

Originally posted by inFINSible

but he's great at sign language....ask the buffalo fans.:D

:lol: He'll always be remembered by Dolphin fans for that one moment....

Originally posted by RICKHURD

TRUE!

Funny, that's when I liked him the most.

I forgot who we were playing but there was a game where a guy laid out our kicker (I think the K was Stoyo) almost 40 yards away from the ball during a kickoff. The hit was replayed on the jumbo-tron, then they showed the guy that hit our kicker laughing about it on the jumbo-tron. Right then Cox headed across the field and challenged the guy and basically the whole damn opposing bench to come on the field and take him on. :lol:

Anyone remember who we were playing?

I'll never forget that and I did become a temp. fan of his because of that.

As much an idiot as he is, I liked his intensity and how he covered his teammates backs.

Andrews, the OT from Arkansas will be drafted right after those superstar QBs everybody is talking about. Without a MAJOR trade-up we will never see him, unless he blows out his knee or something freakish like that(pray he doesn't). He is a superstar OT in the making and if you need to trade up that high anyway, why not trade up for the QB right?

Oh well, that is a discussion for another thread.

The reason a new thread wasn't started as to what B.Cox said about Elway over Marino, is because he mentioned both topics on the same ESPN Show. Can't some other insight be talked about in the same thread, or is that against the rules.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

By the way, who is the coach we are referring to and where does he coach now. Not familiar with that name. Perhaps its just out of context.

They are referring to Nick Saban, the head coach at L.S.U.

Originally posted by hunter5nc1

Thats typical someone puts a good point on here and someone has to spell check it instead of appreciating it, did I spell that right ^

Chill out... it was a joke, thats why I winked at the end...

Back
Top Bottom