On ESPN's NFL 2day | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On ESPN's NFL 2day

Originally posted by Trekbiz

I forgot who we were playing but there was a game where a guy laid out our kicker (I think the K was Stoyo) almost 40 yards away from the ball during a kickoff. The hit was replayed on the jumbo-tron, then they showed the guy that hit our kicker laughing about it on the jumbo-tron. Right then Cox headed across the field and challenged the guy and basically the whole damn opposing bench to come on the field and take him on. :lol:

Anyone remember who we were playing?

I'll never forget that and I did become a temp. fan of his because of that.

As much an idiot as he is, I liked his intensity and how he covered his teammates backs.

I could be wrong but I think it was the Bengals.

Belichick is on record as saying that Saban is the best coach he's ever been around and that during their time together with Cleveland when Saban was BB's defensive coordinator, Belichick learned more from Saban than Saban learned from him.

It's not all just hot air either. If you follow BB's career you'll notice a huge difference in the amount of creativity in his game plans in his jobs that were AFTER his Cleveland days (ie....time spent with Saban).

With the Giants, his schemes weren't nearly as complicated as they've been with the teams he's coached after his Cleveland years.

Originally posted by Dajesus
It makes me a little angry that a Bills' fan is the only one that added any insight on the actuall subject that was being discussed. With the exception of who ever posted about Ben being a highly sought after prospect. No one cares if Cox didn't wipe your tears after a Dolphins lost. His point was a fact. If it is Saban that we go after or someone else the job would be very attractive to any coach we might like. Full controll, and about 35 total probowls from players that will be back next year.

Actually, it does not make sense that Saban would want to come here to Miami.

Saban will almost certainly be offered the Atlanta Falcons job. Forget the "control" bit. Consider the condition of the franchise. There is no way he would pass up what Michael Vick can do. All he has to do is get a few new players in the draft and free agency to shore up the D, and perhaps add a WR, and they are right there.

The interesting thing is, the Falcon defense plays much better when Vick is in the lineup. Almost any coach would take the Falcon job over a Miami team that will have cap issues - especially with several defensive players, an OL that needs to be entirely revamped, QB issues, another WR, etc. The Falcons are young, talented, and have the most exciting player in football.

There will be several other teams looking for coaches: Oakland, San Diego, the Giants ... It's going to be tough competition.

Yep it was the bengals and the player was a backup LB, basically ran and hid behind his teammates when Cox came to the sidelines. Yep the bengal was a tough guy, blindsided Stoyo and ran off the field.

Saban would be a great Choice. I also heard that Edwards may be out of NY (his choice) and if so would love getting him. He would also have the attraction of playing the jets twice if he came here.

We've also heard that Saban is keeping a watchful eye on developments in South Florida. Saban apparently believes that he could win quickly with the Dolphins, if coach Dave Wannstedt isn't retained.
An article that was in PFT, today.

Back
Top Bottom