On The Three-year Anniversary Of Tannehill’s Extension, Would The Dolphins Do It All Over Again If T | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On The Three-year Anniversary Of Tannehill’s Extension, Would The Dolphins Do It All Over Again If T

Would you give Tannehill an extension if you could do it all over again?

• Yes

Votes: 40 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 28.6%

• Total voters

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_97095301.jpg

Before the extension, many people questioned if Tannehill could become a franchise quarterback. Three years later, not much has changed. In fact, there are probably more questions surrounding Tannehill than there were back in 2015 when he signed the extension.

Tannehill has now suffered two ACL injuries in consecutive seasons. In 2016, Tannehill sprained his ACL and MCL and missed the Dolphins last four games of that season, including their playoff loss against the Steelers. The following year during training camp, Tannehill completely tore his ACL and missed the entire 2017 season.

Prior to his injuries, Tannehill’s was considered in the mid-tier of quarterbacks in the league. During the Dolphins’ 6-10 season in 2015, Tannehill threw for 4,208 yards, 24 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.

However, Tannehill’s arrow appeared to be pointing up prior to his injury in 2016. During the last eight games of that season, Tannehill and the Dolphins were 7-1 as he threw for 1,723 yards, 13 touchdowns against five interceptions with a quarterback rating of 100.1 during that span.

Throughout his career, Tannehill hasn’t been considered among the best quarterbacks in the league, but working with head coach Adam Gase did helped elevate his play. Without the play of Tannehill during those eight games, the Dolphins wouldn’t have made the playoffs with a 10-6 record in 2016.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...ll-to-an-extension-do-the-dolphins-regret-it/

well, they did in a way. The restructured his deal this year so in a sense the extended him already.

I’m not a huge Tannehill fan but I think it was the right call at the time. This season is going to be the tell all for the career path of Ryan Tannehill imo

It's put up or shut up time. RT has to go out there and pick up right where he left off in 2016.

How omnipotent of hindsight are we supposed to be considering? If you want to say "well I've got an infallible crystal ball that says Tannehill will be injured for the next 2 years as you pay him to sit on the sideline" then you probably don't want to sign him to it, but neither one of his injuries should have been expected, so even in hindsight I see no problem with his contract.

Considering the contracts Qbs have gotten recently and factoring in that he hasn't failed, I'm fine with the extension

I'm OK with the contract. Knew it would be reasonable money over the life of the contract.
Not top tier play and not top tier pay.
I can't believe how teams can afford a top QB at 30 million per yr

I voted yes, and I still have hope for Tannehill but the cards are stacked against him this year. He hasnt played in forever and we shall see how in sync he is with his new WRs and rookie TEs. Realistically after seeing the schedule, I see us going 8-8. And if we do better than that I will call the season a success.

Considering the contracts Qbs have gotten recently and factoring in that he hasn't failed, I'm fine with the extension
Have to agree with you, QBs are at such a premium that teams are forced to overspend for mediocre talent......I'm fine with the extension.

Only 11 Tannehill threads on the front page...
Still dont understand why they dont merge them all... Same posters with the same arguments on the same subject... Why 11 different threads?

Back
Top Bottom