On Which Side Of The Ball... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On Which Side Of The Ball...

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
...should our Dolphins focus more on - offense/defense come draft day?

For me it should ba a BAP senario and not so much whether we should dominate defense, let's say, over offense in the draft. A QB in the higher selections would be sweet though.

Thanks!

I'm not really into BPA. Say the best player on the board is a LT, well we have Tunsil....so we don't need an LT.

OG, DE, and #2 CB.....if we don't go QB. Like, a top DE in round 1, an OG in R2, and a CB in R3.

I like BPA as long as we are going by our own evaluations and not any general consensus. Staff feels great about joe schmoe and hes available, despite bigger need elsewhere? Ok fine, id rather not fill positional needs with guys they dont feel great about.

BPA but with a focus on the oline, dline and linebackers imo.

The only position this team is set at is LT. Outside of that we need help everywhere.

Especially our first 2 picks, I don't care what positions they are, they just need to be guys that are GOOD. No more Charles Harris' please. I'll take an elite guard and a good dtackle all day.

I'm not really into BPA. Say the best player on the board is a LT, well we have Tunsil....so we don't need an LT.

OG, DE, and #2 CB.....if we don't go QB. Like, a top DE in round 1, an OG in R2, and a CB in R3.
LT is literally the only position we do not need lol. I'm always a fan of BPA within reason. If you have a franchise qb then you arent going to draft one in the first few rounds but you can draft the BPA outside of that. With this team that scenerio could be applied to LT and that's about it.

The draft is loaded on the defensive line, especially at tackle. That's where I would focus in the early rounds.

The team is going to have to hit on mid- round offensive linemen.

Oline and oline depth. You don't have that, nothing else matters.

We have to face the Bill's McCoy and Gore and the Jet's Bell twice a year. Both have up and coming QBs. Pats are still the Pats. So if I'm running things we go heavy on D unless there is a can't miss offensive lineman that falls into our lap. Kind of like Tunsil did.
It will take a few years to get our offense up and running, but I think our D can get respectable fairly quickly.

Focus should be on both lines. We need help in both lines and that where the value is in this draft

This.

I do not understand why everybody is losing their minds over QB. Yeah, we need one. But far better to roll with whoever this year, load the lines, and get who we need at QB next year.

We are so thin right now we cannot sell the farm to trade up and get Murray (who I am not excited about anyway).

Not this year. This year, trading down and loading up both lines makes much better sense to me.

Next year, we get our QB.

Just the opinion of an old guy.

Hard to say without seeing how the draft falls, but based off what I'm reading it should be defense. This is a real deep class on the D-line and someone good should fall to us.

BPA sounds all fine and dandy but after the first 15 picks or so there starts to be similarly graded players available and the deeper you go the more overlap there is. We have massive holes everywhere, if there's a guy they decide is the best fit for this team I could care less if he is picked by us a little earlier than predicted to go. DL seems really deep this year, our OL is a shambles and DB is probably a big need with the new defense. In the past I think we've drafted too many athletes and not enough tough, smart football players.

Back
Top Bottom