On Which Side Of The Ball... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On Which Side Of The Ball...

If we go oline with our number 1 at 13, we’re in trouble.

5 guys on the line is 5 guys on the line especially if you just want maulers. It’s not as intricate as running a hybrid defense which we are far from being able to implement with the current personnel.

You have to be able to find Oline help later in the draft.

I think the depth of talent is there for the OL in almost every round. But for pass rushers, it's only really available in rounds 1 and 2. So, I'm expecting 2 DL and 2 OL in this draft, with our top pick being a pass rushing DL. How you define concentrating … that's up to you, but I think we'll draft 2 of each.

I’d be great to have a championship defense but how good would that defense be if they’re constantly on the field because the offense is no good?

I get it... but in answer to the OP I go defense all day... These scenarios almost always leave gaps somewhere but if I'm to choose how to rebuild or build a team I start old school... Both Lines and potential studs on defense

I may not be a 500 team for a minute and you may eek out a win but you will have earned it and when the defense is your strength you're not allowing many points, in theory, ….

Things fall in place a bit easier when your team isn't constantly plugging holes.... focus and fix one side of the ball.... then the other...stop spreading yourself so thin... Let teams know they are in for a slug fest … Earn a reputation at Hard Rock

Defense, because they have to stop people when they are going to be offensively challenged at times

We have had such a good record of doing that. A lot of it has to do with piss poor coaching, too.

Whatever piss poor pot we were brewing the stew in has been tossed out the back porch. Drafting, coaching, whatever it is; it's a new pot, a new stew, new ingredients. All we can do is watch it cook and hope we have a wholesome meal come dinner time.

But when you need 7 men on the D that can morph schemes and rotate and you don't have a NT or the DEs to run a 3/4, which is what these guys specialize in, taking an OLman at #13 with all of the defensive talent atop this class would be, to me, disheartening.

I think we are a lot closer to building a dominant defense than offense, which makes me WANT to load up on our defensive front 7. However, we really need to be adding pieces to the OL so they have a year to develop before we throw a rookie QB back there.

So I would take BPA at DE/DT/OL in the first 3 rounds. And if that means back to back DE, or back to back OL I am good with that.

I'm about the LOS -- DL class is rated significantly better than OL -- so I could see

2 DL (R1 R2) and OL (R3 R4) or thereabouts. OL we grab C and prob T

DL T and Edge. If we can swing a value packed trade down it would be optimal

for our program -- I'd consider that possibility at least 50/50 -- but of course

100% on a partner.

Beyond that -- folks seem to miss the point "BPA" relates to the teams board

and the board relates to team positional priorities. Thus "BPA" is not akin

to Lindy's top 100 prospects.

Back
Top Bottom