One game behind the Bills | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One game behind the Bills

Kebo

I'm your huckleberry
Club Member
Reaction score
We can win the division. It’s not even much of a stretch to believe. My philosophy is always take chances and go for it. I hate playing it safe. I hate prevent defense. The time is now to play Tua. He has a higher ceiling than Fitz.

Well-Here-we.jpg

If our defense stays healthy we’ll be in every game. Tua will take over at some point this year. If that’s not the plan he wouldn’t have been put in yesterday.

Many of us understand we will see him eventually. Its just in the process many understand their are steps or blocks that need to be put in place, to allow him some success.

I remain steadfast in my belief, you let it play out into November, 1 year since his injury.

But this team will face some tests going forward. And not all of them will be rosy. 7 or 8 wins is very possible.

Trust the process and let the cards fall where they may.

Right now we're a 500 team... played some good ball and some not so good.

Tending in the right direction. The mass of youth and 50% roster turnover

will only get BETTER with more + more experience. Coaching staff seems

to be getting settled in as well. The temptation to pull the trigger with Hipster

must be giving Flo itchy finger. Have to assume when he makes the switch

it's a done deal. Can't take it back. Flip the switch and just go. Makes me

think he wants to be a absolutely sure as possible. Therefore -- when in doubt

leave him out. But the biggie behind the scenes is what we don't see and don't

know re practice. If Tua is really coming on and making big strides... If the kid

can come in and really (REALLY!) light it up --- we could create some damage!

Coming off the bye would be a great time. But... Does Fitz still "deserve" the job?

Gotta believe Flo is well aware of the dynamics involved in this equation -- and

we don't know the inner message he's been relating to the team -- and whatever

promises (expressed or implied) he's made with Fitz. Pretty sure he values that

relationship. So no matter how you slice the pie -- someone is gonna get a

small piece. But if it's 100% about the TEAM and winning NOW -- and Tua is

good to go on ALL levels --- crank 'er up and let's get rolling!

BNF

:woot:

effin A man, Dolphins have a very real shot at the AFC east title this year and every year going forward. Let's make a couple trades and go for it!

Dolphins need veteran help at DT, and perhaps ILB and edge, and if the Panthers lose some more games Russell Okung could come available in a trade.

At the end of the day I’d like to see us beat some good teams before getting too excited. On the other hand is our division really that insurmountable?

9-10 wins will likely win the East this year. We come out of the bye and beat the Rams then we have a great shot.

Can we wait till we actually beat a team with a winning record?

Danny is a Debbie Downer?

:lol:

OK. I get your point.

But the strides the team has made over the past few weeks

coupled with the absolute realization we were at a severe handicap

at the start due to massive youth + 50% new roster + new coaches

are very encouraging. And as fans --we should reserve the right

to be excited and optimistic. Add to that what we've obviously

achieved on the OL and recent D performance -- coupled with

so many new players looking good and showing promise...

Not to mention the woolly mammoth in the room ---

some rookie QB and...

Well. Times have certainly been a helluva lot worse around here!

Fitzpatrick plays reckless, any of those head shots yesterday could of knocked him out the game (hope we never have to see that). Tua is going to play, it’s a matter of when.

The Dolphins control their destiny in winning the division. They win out and they win the division. That being said, let it play out. You continue to start Fitz until the Dolphins are out of playoff contention or his play becomes abysmal. It is only fair to the rest of the team to do all you can to compete for a playoff berth.

Look at Patrick Mahomes, he didn't get his first start until the Chiefs had locked in their playoff spot during his rookie season. Alex Smith was then traded in the offseason. I see a similar situation occurring here in Miami. Actually, I hope they bring Fitz back as Tua's backup next year - kind of like the situation of the young Dan Marino being mentored by the veteran Don Strock.

Patriots suck!!! As I have always said from the beginning, Cam Newton is a paper tiger.

A healthy Bills team is a power-house, but their depth is abysmal.

I predict that whichever team gets lucky in the injury department between the Bills and Dolphins will win the division.

The huge advantage that the Dolphins have right now is their boon of draft picks in 2021.

The Dolphins can afford to make trades before the deadline to compensate for injuries, the Bills could, but it would hurt their future.

The Dolphins with five picks in the first three rounds, and the Houston picks looking to be high, could easily afford to acquire mid to top tier veterans in trades before the deadline.......look for it to happen if Grier and Ross have any brains left in their demented heads.

Back
Top Bottom