One Head Of Football Operations-who You Want? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One Head Of Football Operations-who You Want?

Head Guy...who you want?

• Total voters
You realize that Peyton Manning and Adam Gase are allegedly close. If Peyton was offered and took the position, then Gase is his coach. No ifs, buts or maybes. The other day when Osweiler had his first start for the Dolphins against Chicago, you notice that Manning and son just suddenly turn up to watch the game with Dan Marino in the box. Yes, Brock Lobster was Manning's backup QB for 4 years in Denver, but it was also an opportunity to share some love for Gase.

You realize that Peyton Manning and Adam Gase are allegedly close. If Peyton was offered and took the position, then Gase is his coach. No ifs, buts or maybes. The other day when Osweiler had his first start for the Dolphins against Chicago, you notice that Manning and son just suddenly turn up to watch the game with Dan Marino in the box. Yes, Brock Lobster was Manning's backup QB for 4 years in Denver, but it was also an opportunity to share some love for Gase.

If anyone knows whether Gase is a good offensive coach. He would know if he had to keep changing plays at the line due to a sucky play call or if he did more of installing the actual offensive game plan than Gase did.

1) George Patton- Assistant GM Minnesota Vikings
2) Elliot Wolf- Assistant GM Cleveland Browns
3) Alonzo Highsmith- VP of Player Personnel- Cleveland Browns
That list from the OP is pretty slim.

I always liked Highsmith. I was hoping we pry him away from the Packers at some point. He is a Miami product, enough NFL experience and went through the Ted Thompson school with the Packers. Ted Thompson is a product of Ron Wolf so Highsmith is along those lines.
I always wanted Ted Thompson in 2005 and I still don't know why Wayne H did not take Ron Wolf's advice back then. We had another shot at Thompson when he left the GM spot with the Packers. At the end he took an advisory position with the Packers.

If I would have been Ross I would have gone after Thompson for the VP of Football Operations and either let him pick a GM or go after Highsmith as GM. Both have a successful history together.

Short of that tandem I could have lived with Elliot Wolf/Highsmith or Wolf/Thompson as well.

BB. Regardless of talent, we could cheat our way to a SB.

If we make changes, the best route is probably a full measure, not the half measure we’ve been trying for a decade pairing HCs and GMs from different original administrations...

So I hope it Ross pulls the plug, they ALL go. With that said, the rebuild should start with a GM who sets the vision and foundation of the team and hires a HC to work with him.

So who are the guys have the best shot of rebuilding this moribund franchise PROPERLY through the draft?

It doesn’t matter because Ross won’t be able to hire whoever it is because he won’t clean house. He’ll force that person to work with Gase. He never learns.

I’d like whoever has been responsible for the Saints’ recent drafts.

Back
Top Bottom