Only one game ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Only one game ?

robstirr

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, yanno what. You can tell a lot from the lines in a football game. Both our lines, the O and D just got dominated off the line. Except for a couple of plays by Jay Williams. We just sucked on the D line. How do ya think we will fair against top teams huh ? Make is short and sweet, we will go 8 and 8 if lucky this year. Feidler must be benched before we reach the promised land. I know Brian is out for awhile but I would bet my life by Nov. He will be our QB. I am so mad I can't type and must go

I just get aggrivated when "It's only preseason" somehow seaps into "It's only one game"...who knows where that ends up.

There are only 16 games in the regular season, and the AFC East was seperated by 1 game last year. You have to win this game.

Could we still win the division? Sure, of course we could. But we didn't do ourselves any favors today.

remember one thing from last year...the jets started off 2-5 and the titans started off 1-4....its only one game but i agree it was a brutal loss...

Originally posted by jd13
remember one thing from last year...the jets started off 2-5 and the titans started off 1-4....its only one game but i agree it was a brutal loss...

The Dolphins do not have the personality of either the Jets or the Titans. When things get tough, our defense gives up and folds. They've proven it season after season.

yeah...Wanny isn't exactly the motivational speaker that Herm Edwards is.

I'm a life long Dolphin fan since '71. The only thing more frustrating than being a Dolphins fan is a Red Sox fan and I been pulling for the Sox for an equal amount of time.

Football is as much about attitude as it is about skill and coaching. Miami doesn't have the attitude to be a SB contender. The comment "see ya after practise" just shows a team that lacks the attitude and determination to play the game. I have said I was going to quit pulling for Miami time after time and yet I keep coming back. After the disaster at NE and the new "attitude" of this team coming into this season and to come out and lay an egg against Houston like they did, I think it's over.

Miami looks prime for a butt kicking this weekend. I couldn't hate two teams anymore than the Jets or the Yankess. But, they have attitude. So do the Bills. The Jets coaches are probably the worst in the league. But, they beat Miami every year. With the exception of last year, the Jets have gotten fat and healthy off Miami. Even the year the Jets went 500, they got two wins off Miami. They should have been 6 and 8. But Miami bends over to teams with attitude. Miami goes to the play-offs with an 11 and 5 record instead of 13-3 and I know they are candy asses and have as much chance as winning a SB as a fart in a hurricane.

The Jets and the Bills will stick it right up Miami's rear end this year. I would like to think this was just a blip on a road to success but I know it isn't. Living in NC I was only able to see one Miami pre-season game. I saw enough in the game against Atlanta in the first quarter to have predicted this. Their starting o-line sucked in that game and they sucked even worse Sunday. I won't beat up the defense as badily. When you have an offence that goes three and out time and time again and forks over the ball left and right you are going to fold sooner or later.

If Miami doesn't go up to NY and beat the Jets soundly, they'll be lucky to finish 500 ball. Marino and Prime Time look kind of stupid predicting the fins in the SB just before the game. How do you recover from a game like this when you already have a poor attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee UM, One post and you're quitting already? :lol:

It's a pretty safe bet that we won't miss you....He//, 10 more minutes and we won't even remember you.

Plenty of room on this bandwagon to stretch my legs and enjoy the ride....I love it!

Reread my post. Where did I say I was quitting? I call it like I see it. I've been a fan for over 30 years. I have a right to rip Miami. Miami has stayed with Fieldler too long. They have had the time and the opportunity to go out and get a QB. They bring in dumb *** Ray Lucas last year. I only played HS football and at least I was smart enough to know Lucas wasn't worth a pile of beans. Miami could have gotten Trent Green. It's too late. Miami window of oppurtunity is now.

inFinsible, come up with a better line. It kills me when someone says something on a board someone objects to no matter what the topic and someone chimes in about how little they'll be missed or don't let the door hit you in the caboose. Some people have standards. I think it's about time the Dolphins got some:booty:

Originally posted by inFINSible
Gee UM, One post and you're quitting already? :lol:

It's a pretty safe bet that we won't miss you....He//, 10 more minutes and we won't even remember you.

Plenty of room on this bandwagon to stretch my legs and enjoy the ride....I love it!

Are you sure that isn't the wagon to the looney bin?

Relax UM.....I kill me too...:lol:

Your first post EVER on this site is nothing but, he//fire and damnation of the team......please save it, it makes you look like all the other knee jerk reactionaries who can't see past the fact that the team simply overlooked the Texans and in THIS league you can't overlook ANYBODY, it's as simple as that.

". I would like to think this was just a blip on a road to success but, I know it isn't.
"
You have every right to say what you want and I have every right to laugh at it. :lol:

maybe we just have problems against 3-4 defenses, we just look not good against them

Originally posted by Al13
maybe we just have problems against 3-4 defenses, we just look not good against them

No, that's not it. It's other teams offenses that we have trouble against.:cry:

Originally posted by Unclemeat
8-8

I hope you're right....a couple of 8-8 seasons or worse will weed out all the wimps and posers, both on and off, the team. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom