Opinion: Giants Will Trade For Rosen - How Would The Dolphins Respond? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinion: Giants Will Trade For Rosen - How Would The Dolphins Respond?

nyashfan

For Earth Below
Reaction score
Living in NYC, I have had the pleasure of listening to the Giants GM Dave Gettleman make a complete fool of himself with respect to his comments regarding Eli and the OBJ trade.

Reading between the lines, I have a hunch that the speculation that the Giants will not draft a QB in the first round is true. Gettleman keeps saying: "Don't worry. We have a plan." I think that the Giants either view Eli as a viable starting QB for 2-3 more years or view the Manning family as untouchable and are afraid to replace him according to their own terms.

Thankfully, our GM has held his cards close, so that we don't know their evaluations of Haskins and Lock. If both Haskins and Lock are still on the board at pick #7, it will be interesting to see whether the Dolphins would trade up to secure the QB they like or stay at #13 hoping that one of the two QB's will be available if both Haskins and Lock were given a similar grade. If neither QB were available at #13 then the Dolphins could always try to trade back and acquire more draft capital for 2020.

Please don't trade up....we should stay put or trade back for more capital as you so aptly said. Gettleman is not making any new friends in the Tri-State area with his current trajectory.

That's a lot of speculation to take in there.

I don't follow the Giants very closely, but I was under the impression they wanted to move on from Eli.

As far as moving up, I would rather not, but if Haskins is the guy Grier wants, we can't just sit at 13, and hope for the best.

The Dolphins should not be taking a QB in the first round (either at 13 or trading up) unless they are positive the guy is going to be a star. If you are tearing things down, the absolute worst thing you can do is wed yourself to a QB you're not absolutely convinced is the guy. It's even worse when the person you really want next year is within your grasp.

Living in NYC, I have had the pleasure of listening to the Giants GM Dave Gettleman make a complete fool of himself with respect to his comments regarding Eli and the OBJ trade.

Reading between the lines, I have a hunch that the speculation that the Giants will not draft a QB in the first round is true. Gettleman keeps saying: "Don't worry. We have a plan." I think that the Giants either view Eli as a viable starting QB for 2-3 more years or view the Manning family as untouchable and are afraid to replace him according to their own terms.

Thankfully, our GM has held his cards close, so that we don't know their evaluations of Haskins and Lock. If both Haskins and Lock are still on the board at pick #7, it will be interesting to see whether the Dolphins would trade up to secure the QB they like or stay at #13 hoping that one of the two QB's will be available if both Haskins and Lock were given a similar grade. If neither QB were available at #13 then the Dolphins could always try to trade back and acquire more draft capital for 2020.

Never forget a few teams below Miami want a QB and may be willing to move up. That opens up nearly endless possibilities. I'll be surprised if any of those three are available at #10, much less #13. That's what NFL desperation looks like.
One other way to see this is there are 4 R1 QBs available - counting Rosen - if rumors are true. And, if the rumors are true, there will be more than one team interested in Rosen. The open question is, what does the winning team think he's worth and what will the winning team offer?

Which gets us back to Miami. Either Miami is interested enough in Rosen to make a legitimate offer or they're not, in which case, maybe the Giants jump. Regardless, if Rosen is traded, one less team will need a QB . . . THIS year. That's good for all teams needing a QB. That said, Flores wants a smart, mentally quick QB and may sacrifice pure athleticism to get it. Consider, no unbiased party will argue Brady is a gifted athlete. For now, no one knows who that QB may be, no one knows if Flores wants a QB this year or next, and no one knows how much faith other teams have any available QB. I suspect if Rosen is available, he'll be picked up before the draft. That's all I can say.

Giants are ahead of us so to jump them will be challenging. I feel they will take a QB be it Rosen or one of the draftees this year but if not they will be with us next year as well.

We should trade for Rosen.

All I know is during last years draft I thought we were gonna get him , then Arizona traded up in front of us . If we were willing to use the #11 pick on him last year we should be willing to use the #13 to trade for him now. Hopefully we can get Arizona to throw in a 3 or something

Maybe it's the Giants way of spinning things so that teams don't trade up ahead of them. Haskins would seem like the perfect fit for New York. He wouldn't have to start right away, which would help alleviate his biggest perceived concern.

We should trade for Rosen.

All I know is during last years draft I thought we were gonna get him , then Arizona traded up in front of us . If we were willing to use the #11 pick on him last year we should be willing to use the #13 to trade for him now. Hopefully we can get Arizona to throw in a 3 or something

My heart would be completely broken if we trade a #1 for Rosen. I'd continue to give them the benefit of the doubt but with severe sadness.

I had heard that the Cardinals would only trade Rosen for a #1. Obviously, even Gettleman wouldn't be so stupid as to trade pick #6 to the Cardinals for Rosen but might be willing to trade pick #17 - hence the rationale behind the OBJ trade. Rosen seems to fit the profile of the type of QB that the Giants (and Patriots) typically draft i.e. more cerebral than athletic.

This depends on the "If" factor.

If the organization in question is willing to trade.
and
What If they want too much?

What If another team gets involved? Like another team in the same division?

Arizona will obviously use their first pick on a QB, and I'm sure the Cards want to implement the "wow" factor in order to entertain the fans, thus bringing in da money. So it'll probably be Murry.

Yes, the QB is "the" more powerful and purposeful player on the chess board. But we all know there's more at stake.

Building takes time and little room for error.

One can build correctly and still have pit-falls.

And then of coarse is the "bust" factor. (And I ain't talking boobs.)

With all pessimism aside, Rosen may be there.

I'd go defense. Probably a CB or a LB. So many holes to fill.

But what sensational and coveted QB would be available in the 2020 draft? And how far would the franchise have to go to get him?

I hope after all is said and done that certain characters on this lofty forum would refrain from tying up their undies and whaling in endless weeping because of their wet dreams of drafting a pro-bowl class team didn't happen.

I refer them to the titans forum.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom