Opinion: Giants Will Trade For Rosen - How Would The Dolphins Respond? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinion: Giants Will Trade For Rosen - How Would The Dolphins Respond?

Living in NYC, I have had the pleasure of listening to the Giants GM Dave Gettleman make a complete fool of himself with respect to his comments regarding Eli and the OBJ trade.

Reading between the lines, I have a hunch that the speculation that the Giants will not draft a QB in the first round is true. Gettleman keeps saying: "Don't worry. We have a plan." I think that the Giants either view Eli as a viable starting QB for 2-3 more years or view the Manning family as untouchable and are afraid to replace him according to their own terms.

Thankfully, our GM has held his cards close, so that we don't know their evaluations of Haskins and Lock. If both Haskins and Lock are still on the board at pick #7, it will be interesting to see whether the Dolphins would trade up to secure the QB they like or stay at #13 hoping that one of the two QB's will be available if both Haskins and Lock were given a similar grade. If neither QB were available at #13 then the Dolphins could always try to trade back and acquire more draft capital for 2020.

The Giants are doing something similar to the Dolphins... they may have decided to use Eli this year and get his replacement next year.

I think if Haskins gets by the giants you have a very good shot at being able to sit at 13 and he comes right to you.

I think if Haskins gets by the giants you have a very good shot at being able to sit at 13 and he comes right to you.
Well then your of the opinion we should take him I take it?

Well then your of the opinion we should take him I take it?

Just saying I don’t think it’s gonna cost you assets if he gets past the Giants

You can sit at 13 and just see how the board goes but I’m becoming more of a believer that he sees pick 13 at least.

Two things that don’t help us heck maybe three things that don’t in terms of what falls to us at 13.

Montez sweat heart condition.

Josh Jacobs running mid 4.6s on what I imagine to be a fast bama track equates to about a 4.73 for me combine time. Not happening top 12 heck may not be a rb drafted top 50 in this class even.

Dj metcalfs 3 cone.

I’d be willing to buy low on Rosen. You wouldn’t be wedded to him if he’s terrible and if he beats out Fitzpatrick and manages to win five or six games with this roster, it means he’s probably going to be a good QB that can win with a good team.

Trevor Lawrence will be the best QB in the next 10 drafts. If I was in control I would wait for him.

Absolutely no plan b vs pressure so you better protect him.

I guess they could redshirt him for a year but after about 6 or 8 weeks of fitz the fans will cry for the rook and I’m sure they will get him.

Kind of the typical mo for the “inexperienced rooks” nowadays. Starts on the bench and fans bring em to the field.

Agreed on the pressure sitch. Haven’t watched much of him but to me this is a decision half based on idk what the hell were gonna get next year with Fitz, draft position, or who’s in who’s out of that class

Kind of the typical mo for the “inexperienced rooks” nowadays. Starts on the bench and fans bring em to the field.

Agreed on the pressure sitch. Haven’t watched much of him but to me this is a decision half based on idk what the hell were gonna get next year with Fitz, draft position, or who’s in who’s out of that class

Well I watched tuas tape and came away with im willing to go 0 and 16 in a nanosecond if you can guarantee me that kid in 2020.

Never forget a few teams below Miami want a QB and may be willing to move up. That opens up nearly endless possibilities. I'll be surprised if any of those three are available at #10, much less #13. That's what NFL desperation looks like.
One other way to see this is there are 4 R1 QBs available - counting Rosen - if rumors are true. And, if the rumors are true, there will be more than one team interested in Rosen. The open question is, what does the winning team think he's worth and what will the winning team offer?

Which gets us back to Miami. Either Miami is interested enough in Rosen to make a legitimate offer or they're not, in which case, maybe the Giants jump. Regardless, if Rosen is traded, one less team will need a QB . . . THIS year. That's good for all teams needing a QB. That said, Flores wants a smart, mentally quick QB and may sacrifice pure athleticism to get it. Consider, no unbiased party will argue Brady is a gifted athlete. For now, no one knows who that QB may be, no one knows if Flores wants a QB this year or next, and no one knows how much faith other teams have any available QB. I suspect if Rosen is available, he'll be picked up before the draft. That's all I can say.

Just curious, which teams other than the Giants and us need a starting QB? Maybe the Broncos? Anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom