Opinion: Tannehill Will Be Back | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinion: Tannehill Will Be Back

Wow that dis from OV was horrible. :lmfao:

Some of you are over dramatizing how bad it was.

I’m not advocating one where the other on keeping him, and you’re not the only one that has made similar comments. When we originally drafted the kid he was expected to sit for one or two years, unfortunately he beat the scrubs out for the spot. It’s absolutely hilarious how people blame him for the seven years of mediocrity, instead of blaming the people who it should be directed at, you know the crappy GM’s and coaches.
With all due respect, your not reading what I’m saying correctly, bottom line, he was flawed, always flawed, those flaws fooled multiple coaches and Gms into drafting him and extending him..Especially extending him, and continuing to avoid other prospects while extending him.

I’m not advocating one where the other on keeping him, and you’re not the only one that has made similar comments. When we originally drafted the kid he was expected to sit for one or two years, unfortunately he beat the scrubs out for the spot. It’s absolutely hilarious how people blame him for the seven years of mediocrity, instead of blaming the people who it should be directed at, you know the crappy GM’s and coaches.
yes they were crappy Gms and coaches, I’m agreeing with you lol.

not sure how you interpreted that.
I’m saying tannehill fooled those coaches and Gms... I’m not suggesting keeping any of them..I’m saying all of them did a poor job evaluating tannehill from predraft to extension especially considering the other options that were there over that 7 year period.

I’m still waiting for that top 25

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports Tannehill will make a fully guaranteed $7 million salary that can rise above $12 million if incentives, some of which are tied to playing time, are reached.

“As it turns out, it’s the Brock Osweiler Trade Light.

The curious ability of the Dolphins to unload quarterback Ryan Tannehill and a 2019 sixth-round pick onto the Titans for a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2019 seventh-round pick was fueled by Miami’s decision to give Tannehill a $5 million parting gift.
The Dolphins will pay that much of Tannehill’s guaranteed $7 million salary for 2019, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

“So, basically, the Dolphins have purchased for $5 million and a sixth-round pick this year a fourth-round pick next year and a seventh-round pick this year. That’s the only reason to trade Tannehill instead of cutting him, given that Tannehill’s contract had no guaranteed money due in 2019.

Indeed, the Dolphins simply could have cut Tannehill, owing him nothing and accepting nothing in exchange for him. Instead, they get value in the form of net draft-pick gain — but they’re paying $5 million for it.

From Tannehill’s perspective, there was no reason to accept the trade, given that the Dolphins eventually would have released him. With no trigger in his contract forcing Miami to either make a lump-sum payment or guarantee a chunk of his base salary, however, the Dolphins could have squatted on Tannehill, waiting for perhaps an injury or the inability of a team to get a quarterback they may be targeting in the draft. His base salary would have remained not guaranteed until Week One of the regular season.

Of course, the Dolphins would have had to allow Tannehill to participate in the offseason program opening next month, assuming the risk of a fluke season-ending injury that would have put the team on the hook for the full $18.75 million he was previously due to earn.

So it was a win-win-win for a team that needed a backup quarterback, a team that wanted to shed its starting quarterback, and a quarterback whose options likely would have dried up if he’d refused to go along with the trade and the reduced salary.”

PFT.

The loser is gone. Happy day.

I thought you said nobody would trade for him and that he had no value. Thank God the team doesn’t listen to punkass bitches, because now we have a little more trade value for next year. Please give us a little bit more insight from that
football 101 for dummies booklet.

Back
Top Bottom