Opinion: Tannehill Will Be Back

Discussion in 'General NFL Forum' started by Mitchell_NY, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Ray R

Ray R A True Fan

That depends on whose offense your talking about. He is familiar with several, but not all of them.

2. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

Well I realize he doesn’t know the NE offense or whatever version of it we will run but it seems it will require a progression read, pocket passer. I am assuming though.

3. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

Clearly wasn’t the point of the article. The point was that Quinn costs the team money if he’s on the roster tomorrow. Tannehill doesn’t.

Liphinphan likes this.
  4. The Goat

For what it’s worth, I think there’s a half-decent chance McCarron gets a look in Miami. He would fit the offense that they’re supposedly going to run.

Ray R likes this.
  5. ILfinfans85

ILfinfans85 Well-Known Member

Be careful of Rosen trade. Tannehill and Draft QB of 3rd and Rosen. Take r pick

6. Ray R

Ray R A True Fan

How about this:
    Trade Tannehill and a 3rd round pick to the Cards for Rosen.

It seems like it would satisfy many requirements for both clubs simultaneously:

1) The Cards would get an experienced QB to cover for and backup a high level QB draft pick.
    2) The Cards would get a 3rd round draft pick to support moving up in the draft, if they need to.
    3) The Dolphins would free themselves of Tannehills contract.
    4) The Dolphins would get Rosen.
    5) The Dolphins would not need to use a draft pick on a QB (because they basically used up that draft pick in the trade for Rosen, i.e. Rosen would be our 3rd round draft pick).

Both teams seem to have the managerial acumen to pull this off. No one else seems to have any interest in those two guys.

kevphin, Martel13, Dolphins81 and 2 others like this.
  7. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

Thats why the Dolphins aren't in a rush to cut Ryan, he has value and draft day is a good day to pull something off if a team misses out on their QB.

kevphin and Ray R like this.
  8. Natbonkilz

Natbonkilz Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

Oh I see, so you're saying if he were cut there is no more guaranteed money owed to him. So then, I've misunderstood the situation all along. :ponder:

The Goat likes this.
  9. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

Just watched (3 times actually) Joe Thomas tell the nation on NFL network that Tannehill should be "given a chance" under the new regime, ffs man, the guy has had more chances than any player in historry. He's backed up by Marv Lewis who says Jim Caldwell (aparently our new offensive coordinator) does wonders with QBs.

This is happening guys and it's soul destroying it really is, if they couple this "one more year" by picking Daniel Jones in the draft, I honestly will worry about the bill I will face on repairs to my man cave.

marino13zach54 likes this.
  10. Hargitt01

Hargitt01 Scout Team

This is what ive been missing when thinking about Tannehill and current state with the organization. Danny has mentioned the no rush approach by the Dolphins. Although his reasoning my be different then yours. Ulttimately I believe he will not be with the organization in the upcoming season. After thinking what other choice do we have but Tannehill this season.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Perennial All-Pro

it’s very interesting and really football depressing as a dolphin fan how The flawed player fooled the so called professionals for all these years..coach after coach, GM after GM....some fans still believe....quite the story.

12. CoryMatthews

CoryMatthews Well-Known Member

Tyrod Taylor got 2 years, 11 million from LA Chargers. If Tannehill wants to be back, I would say he needs to drop his contract down to 2 years for 10 million, which is more than what he would get on the open market

13. The Goat

While I’m of the opinion that Tannehill should be elsewhere next year, I’d be lying if I said I’m not increasingly amused every day he’s on the roster. People are working themselves into a lather over this.

kevphin and Ray R like this.
  14. marino13zach54

marino13zach54 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

IMG_4192.JPG

Hey, man. Don't enjoy this so much. :lol:

15. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Did you read that Twitter Thread?

Jordan Phillips made an appearance, Mike Wallace...all came by to bash Tannehill. Sad & pathetic if you ask me, but damn...it hurt just to read.

kevphin likes this.