Opinion: Tannehill Will Be Back | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinion: Tannehill Will Be Back

You’d rather watch this team be terrible than for it to be a playoff contender with Tannehill?
Considering that he has made the playoffs 0 times, no team will ever be a playoff contender with Tannehill. Unless you like choke jobs at the end of the season.

Considering that he has made the playoffs 0 times, no team will ever be a playoff contender with Tannehill. Unless you like choke jobs at the end of the season.

I said contender. Contender. Do you know what that word means? Or has your irrational hatred of Tannehill sapped your vocabulary from your brain?

17 to Garner no way we keep him, I think everyone's seen enough and knows what he brings to the table

On this date (March 14) in 2018.....Miami restructures Tannehill to add $5.56 million to his 2019 and 2020 salary cap charges.

It's a terrible idea to keep him. He's not winning us a Superbowl, but he'll win us enough games to be too far back in the draft to take a potential franchise QB.

Jokingly was talking about this with my rep (Season Tickets) at the Miami Dolphins today and told them if they bring Tannehill back i want to cancel my season tickets.

The general belief with those that work for the team: Ross is absolutely done with Tannehill and he will not be back.

Not sure why a lot of people think RT will help us. We are in it to lose, and there are 2 very capable back ups on this team that will accomplish that much more than RT. No chance at all RT is a QB on this team next year.

I can see keeping him for a possible trade after someone's QB gets injured but if the locker room truly turned on him it's best to cut ties soon as possible

Best bet is to keep him and draft a QB either this year or next. We are nto winning superbowl but it would be nice to see what good coaching does. There were stretches we looked terrific when Oline healthy.

From this piece on NFL.com, has me worrying more that it's a simple choice now between either starting Teddy or starting Ryan. I really hope if Teddy turns it down we don't opt for the other path. But the more time that passes the more likelihood that the OP was right, I've had that horrible feeling all off season. Keeping Tannehill on this roster is absolutely the worst thing this team could do no matter what other options are out there.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-agency-takeaways-thomas-ravens-a-perfect-fit

4) The Dolphins continue to hold on to Ryan Tannehill.

The Jaguars officially released Blake Bortles on Wednesday, but Ryan Tannehill curiously remains on the Dolphins' roster. Miami convinced Teddy Bridgewater to visit the team's facility Wednesday night, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, after reports that Bridgewater was staying put in New Orleans as Drew Brees' backup. Perhaps the Dolphins will close the deal to sign Bridgewater, but Tannehill's continued presence on the roster indicates there could be a chance he stays. It's not like they have better veteran options, and they'd be taking on a healthy chunk of dead cap money just to get rid of Tannehill.

Tyrod Taylor, believed to be a potential target for the Dolphins, signed a two-year contract in Los Angelesto be Philip Rivers' backup. Nick Foles and Joe Flacco are long gone. Miami's quarterback situation remains as wide open as any in the league and would certainly be Tannehill's only chance to start. It's hard to figure where Tannehill could wind up if released, just like it's hard to find a path to snaps for Bortles anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom